AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I know that I rarely post nowadays, but I was feeling nostalgic today. I saw teh question above about naming the actors in a version of this group photo. I figured that I would weigh in for old-times sake.

Row 1 (L to R): Richard Van Vleet as the dreamy but oh-so-boring Dr. Charles "Chuck" Tyler, III; Nicholas Benedict as the rough-around-the-edges version of town hero Phillip "Phil" Brent; the incomporable and much missed Ruth Warrick as then Phoebe English Tyler (now wearing the wig look she would sport going forward); Peter White as the best brother in the world Lincoln "Linc" Tyler; and Dan Hamilton as the smarmy Hal Short (aka Hal Shea, Kitty's vagabond of a first husband.

Row 2 (L to R): Glorified day-player Pat Dixon as Caroline Grant, RN; Stephanie Braxton (now also known as Mrs. Dan Hamilton) as one of the better portrayed Tara Martin Brent; Paul Gleason as Dr. David Thornton (the only man who dared be an asshold to Ms. Warrick, in real-life and not just reel-life), the beautiful Fra Heflin as murderess Mona Kane; and John Danelle as karate master turned MD, Dr. Frank Grant.

Row 3 (L to R): Bill Mooney as the dreamy legal eagle Paul Martin; Eileen Letchworth as the memorable and maligned Margo Flax (then Martin); Llarry Keith as oh-so-scrappy Nicky Davis, Ray MacDonnell as handsome Pine Valley pillar Dr. Joseph "Joe" Martin, sr.; Kay Campbell out of retirement as the 3rd Kate Martin; and Paulette Breen as drug-addict Claudette Flax Montgomery.

Row 4 (L to R): Judith Barcroft as daytime's last debutante Anne Tyler; Mary Fickett as my favourite Ruth Brent Martin, RN; Francesca James as dancer from the wrong side of the tracks Kitty Shea Tyler; and.... I can never tell who this is, probably somone is forgettable day player role.

It's actually kind of sad how after all these years later, I could still name these actors and characters sans reference.

• Members

One more just for fun, for this actual 2000-2001 Crystal Ball Photo...

Row 4 (L to R): J. Eddie Peck as the very handsome and beadable Dr. Joseph "call me Jake" Martin; Cameron Mathison as the not yet the plague of Pine Valley John Ryan Aloysius Curry Lavery; the underrated and frankly stunning Esta TerBlanche as spoiled princess with no castle Gillian Eugenia Maria Andrassy Lavery; Walt Willey as playing a day player with no romantic interest or storyline at the time Jackson Montgomery; Marj Dusay in the deliciously malicious role of Vanessa Bennett Cortlandt; John Callahan as former heart-throb Edmund Gresham Grey (seriously, Eva should have told the once speciman of a man had to do was hit the gym from time to time); and Josh Duhamel in his all-to-short of a run as conman in leather Leo duPres

Row 3 (L to R): Abigail Spencer in the unmemorable role of Pigeon Hallow's Becca Tyree, Vincent Irizararry as the charming and oh-so-bad Dr. David Hawyard, Jill Larson as the always enjoyable Opal Cortlandt, Marcy Walker as the wasted potential at every turn Liza Colby, Michael Nader as high-as-a-kite in this photo Dimitiri Marick, the Count Andrassy; Finola Hughes as counting the days until I get written out Dr. Alexandra Devane Marick, Rebecca Budig as claws-in Greenlee Smythe soon to be duPres, and Sara Hugh as Tina "what's her face" Harding

Row 2 (L to R): Cady McClain as poodle-haired Dixie Cooney Martin, Michael E. Knight as still the man of every woman's dream Thaddeus James Gardner Martin, David Canary as the always perfect Adam Chandler, Kelly Ripa as feisty and always drunk Hayley Vaughan Santos, and Mark Consuelos as happy to no longer be an exotic dancer Mateo Santos.

Row 1 (L to R): Now legal eagle Zachary Kady (I saw him at the Georgetown Law Center all the time) as one-time cutie James "Jamie" Edward Martin, Julia Barr as the thank goodness she returned Brooke English, James Mitchell as the always handsome Palmer Cortlandt, Ruth Warrick in an all too rare 2000's appearence as Phoebe English Wallingford, the exquisite Susan Lucci as the even more perfect Erica Kane, Eileen Herlie as town sage Myrtle Lum Fargate, Ray MacDonnell as the only man who still makes house calls Dr. Joseph "Joe" Martin, Sr.; and Eden Riegel as the Bianca Christine Montgomery, Pine Valley's every woman

• Members

I had a question about the Damon Lazarre story. The episodes from early October 1987 had Travis storming in to save Erica and Silver, then he was captured, Erica was trying to free herself, etc. How did this lead up to Lazarre having Thanksgiving dinner with them??

• Members

Thanks.

I am slowly watching the 6 hour clip. I got up to around that part, and the heartbreaking scene where Brooke told Adam about her rape. I was shocked the show even remembered.

The more I see of that period the sorrier I am that Lorraine Broderick was let go.

Do you have any other 1987 or 1988 that you will eventually be able to upload?