AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Well, they were from a local station; Butch & Ben McCain, better known as Thing One and Thing Two, left KOCO eons ago after the Good Lord saw fit to cancel their early-morning program, "Good Morning Oklahoma."

rolleyes.gif

Those kerntry-ass s.o.b.'s used to annoy me so damned much.

• Members

Were you going to mention how Phoebe looked into the camera at the beginning of the first clip? :P

SOD praised AMC for giving Phoebe that line about Ann.

Wow. Enough cannot be said about Julia Barr's work in that second clip. Knowing she had a young daughter of her own must have given her plenty to draw upon. The sight of that little cream casket and all of those cream roses is just too much, so sad yet beautiful. The last time I remember seeing Laura was when she was being naughty and lying to an adult (the last shot of the scene was her crossing her fingers behind her back). I'm trying to remember if that was her fibbing to Barbara about going across the street, because I remember my mom telling me that she was killed soon after that.

Was Sean still on the show at this point or did he just come back for the funeral? Seeing Frankie, Scott, and Bobby again makes me wish they had reestablished these kids' friendship as adults.

I think it's a Hawks vs. Doves reference.