AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Members

Do you have a recording of every word that came out of Susan Lucci's mouth from August 2008 to November 2009? Unless you do, and I doubt it, you have no clue when she "spoke out about pratt." Ditto for Jamey.

And for the love of God, why is it that calling people out on their bullsh!t is synonymous with hating them? I've never met him, but he tweets a thousand times a day and writes lengthy self-serving blog entries. His motives sort of shines through in all of that. Do you disagree that he has glossed over details and twisted facts? If you do, I'm willing to become acquainted with your point of view. I'm not being bitchy or snippy, I just want to know.

I think Jamey sees himself more along the lines of Mr. Giddens Goes to ABC Daytime, where he's just a mild-mannered man from a small Texas town, full of integrity, wisdom and guidance that evil Susan Lucci wants to silence at all costs.

And of course we're giving him the attention he thrives on, and we should stop soon, but it's Saturday morning, I'm babysitting bad ass little kids, and I need to vent.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

John before you or Jamey for that matter twist facts to suit your agendas listen to some.

And this is not intended as a slam on Erika Slezak. I know when she speaks out its not from being a crazed diva like Robin Strasser

its about because she believes in the show and the integrity of it/

But FACT - Dena Higley was at OLTL for 3 years. Yes 3 years before Erika said anything. Why did she wait 3 years. I am not blaming ES I am putting things in perspective

FACT - CHarles Pratt was HW at AMC for 18 months and during his tenure ratings went up. Yet does anyone ask why he was fired.

How do you or Jamey know Susan Lucci or the other actors said nothing regarding Charles Pratt. Because she didn;t issue it in

a newsletter or didn't rant about it on twitter. PErhaps the actors chose to share their concerns in private with the network versus

ranting on twitter or calling attention to themselves because they were doing it for the betterment of the show.

• Members

I Do Not Know why it took ES 3 Years But ast She Spoke Out While DH Was Still There. Maybe its Because dH's Last six Months really started To Tank The show, IDK

SL did Call Out Pratt On An Interview With Nelson Branco

http://tvguide.ca/Soaps/Features/Articles/110518_susan_lucci_NB.htm

But She Waited To After Maybe if she said something when he got there, it could have been different. Who Knows

• Members

In general, I agree with the intent of JaneAusten's last post EXCEPT we also don't know what Erika Slezak (or anyone else at OLTL) was saying to the network in private during Higley's tenure. Maybe she finally went public in her newsletter out of frustration because her concerns weren't going anywhere.

But really the fact that there is argument about it continues to baffle me. Both AMC and OLTL are dead shows walking. The other four are also dead shows walking. There simply are no longer the number of viewers around to justify the costs. As some have said on here, let them die so they can re-invent themselves to fit a new cultural and technological world.

• Members

Agree with all this.

But even now John in his response assumes the only time Lucci spoke out was in that interview. NO that was the first time she chose to share her concerns with the press which does not mean she didn't share them in private and the same thing applies to Erika Slezak. Pratt was only at AMC for 18 months, ratings were up so I would love to know why people thought he was fired.

ANd yeah its pointless because both shows are gone but all it does is demonstrate how bloggers like Jamey and Branco have done their best to polarize the viewers rather than unite them. All they care about is bringing attention to themselves. If either of them cared about soaps they would be doing a lot more than prop OLTL and prop the writers who have also been responsible for decimating this genre.

• Members

I read it. And that tells me nothing other than she was unhappy with Pratt. It doesn't say she never voiced her concerns internally. What part are you not understanding here.

Good lord just because AT THE TIME she didn't blast her concerns to Jamey or Nelson doesn't mean she didn't voice them. Maybe she has a little more class that that.

I'm done with this argument.

• Members

Seriously? We're having this fight? *facepalm*

I think both Slezak and Lucci fought for their shows. I think they were doing it behind the scenes long before anybody ever heard about it. Honestly, neither one of them is the type to make a big public spectacle about being unhappy. When have either one of them done anything but be good soldiers. I think that for whatever reason, ES felt like she had to go public, I suspect out of sheer desperation. Neither one of these women is a Robin Strasser and thank goodness because that has done her no good at all, has it?

ES and SL are two different people working on two different shows who were dealing with two different situations. Trying to compare them or decide who cares "more" about their show is just a perfect example of Jamey's toxic asshattery becoming it's own Frankenstein monster. Jamey and others won't be happy unless Susan Lucci murders Brian Frons live on stage during the Daytime Emmys and even then they'll say she only did it to promote her book.

• Members

Wow... I can't help but wonder if there's so little left to talk about, that some people are just pulling crap out of the sky.

I'm not sure why we're seeing anyone here criticizing either Slezak or Lucci... Clearly, they both care deeply for their respective shows. And I doubt anyone here (or between Nelson or Jamey) is directly knowledgeable enough to assess the efforts made by the actors, effecting any change behind the scenes. As a longtime viewer of both shows, I don't get the focus on this poorly manufactured rivalry between AMC & OLTL - because the party's over, folks.

Tell you what: When you finally figure out who is to blame - Slezak or Lucci - maybe then you can let us know what difference it makes?

While you're doing that, I (and I think most of us) will try to enjoy what's left of the two shows as they approach their final air-dates.

• Members

OLTL_fan, on 27 May 2011 - 08:53 PM, said:

When Community's already embarassing low ratings keep dropping and the show gets cancelled, then I will be laughing.

The same thing they think when they see The Soup's "Clippos Magnificos" which hilariously ridicules the Spanish-language telenovelas that even more do not watch. Those soaps look even cheesier than that old clip of RM in a speedo does. When I saw that scene on B&B, I just knew it would end up on The Soup. :lol:

I don't understand why that B&B clip would upset anyone to the point where they would be happy if Joel McHale's other show was cancelled. Joel pokes fun at B&B more than any other soap since Passions ended. Yet he's had Ronn Moss and Kyle Lowder on the show, playing along with the mocking of some repetitive dialogue "Ridge" and "Rick" had that week. It's all in good fun. It has been for years. I'm actually shocked that The Soup hasn't had any clips from OLTL this year. They could've easily filled several "My Stories" segments with "so embarrassingly awful, they're funny" clips by BW, DAG and JPL alone in the last few months. The Soup is well-known for poking fun at every TV daypart, even the parts I love.

• Members

Yeah I'm done too. But with this group there is no middle ground. You must HATE the ground Brian Frons walks on, call him every name in the book on twitter, blast him in the soap and mainstream press, and want him dead or you are against us.Because if you dont you don't love soaps.

Archived