Shameless

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I will give TPTB credit. Every week they manage to top themselves in making Frank more and more unlikeable. Shooting at Sheila was absolutely horrid. The audience cares about Sheila much more than Dotty. Did they really think they would find it funny? Or are we suppose to be thrilled that Frank continues to freeload at the expense of Sheila's mental health? The end of the episode was sad, not comical.

Karen's bombshell was wonderful. I love how this will alter the relationships within the family. This makes the decision to keep Sheila indoors the more baffling. This is certainly going to cause conflict between the Jackson / Gallagher families. Why keep Sheila trapped in the house? Ann Cusack looked so refreshed in these episodes. It's almost as if Sheila was finally happy for the first time in her life.

I love the set up for the Gallagher / Milkovitch drama. Ian slept with Mickey, brother of Ian's pal Mandy, who slept with Lip, Ian's brother. This should al lead to some wonderfully explosive scene.

Debbie is such a wonderful character and continues to eliminate the need for Fiona. I love her. I have a very small, tight circle of friends so I completely agree with Debbie's philosphy. Plus, Jasmine is the most useless character. Debbie's comments were spot on. I love her friendship with Ethel and how it mirrors Fi / Vi (even though Vi should kick Fi to the curb). I loved how Ethel and Malik bonded over their children. The situation was very well handled considering the subject matter. I loved Kev calling Vi his mama bear.

I do like Craig and was happy when Fi called Steve to come to the party. I don't like all the hanging threads from last season especially since they haven't done anything with them. Where's Tony? What was the whole point of Steve's dual lives?

Episodes are so much better when the focus is on the other characters.

Edited by dc11786

• Members

http://tvbythenumber...ication/118379/

SHAMELESS will be back for a THIRD SEASON! e8112.gif

I loved the story progression with Debbie and her party! I love her as well, that little Actress is soo good. Lol at Debbi crushing on Carl's friend, I felt bad for that other kid who liked Debbie...she payed no attention to him. LOL.

One thing I didn't like - during Debbie's sleepover when Carl & his friend were talking about taking Holly out to that van with DUCT TAPE. Were they talking about raping her?! blink.png SO glad that didn't end up happening.

LOL. Loved Ethel and her new friend/BF Malik. I like how they both have babies.

I thought the Karen pregnancy reveal was brilliant! So freaking good. And Lip and Mandy having sex was scandalous, I really still do not like the new Actress playing her though...I wonder if she'll end up pregnant as well? HA.

dc, Ian/Lip/Mandy/Karen sounds really good. I hope the show does have a big scene with them.

Fiona's breakdown in that bathroom was heartbreaking to watch. Emmy Rossum is outstanding!

Frank - UGH! I couldn't BELIEVE it when he shot at Sheila and Karen like that. Joan Cusack was fabulous to watch as usual. Anyone catch the scene that aired mid-way through the end credits? e8099.gif I was actually enjoying Sheila embracing being outside, I HATE that she was reverted back to being an agoraphobe. Anything to please Frank and make things easier for him in the end I guess rolleyes.gif What a loser.

Edited by AllmyDaysatGH

• Members

Finally watched last weeks episode. I love this show but it has to be the WORST edited TV show I have ever tuned into. Like seriously bad. Maybe it's because I'm in film school and I'm studying this stuff, so I notice & compulsively pay attention to those little details. Last Sunday's episode had so many glaring mistakes to me I was literally getting frustrated. LMAO. This show has a very LAZY, uninspired, talentless editor IMHO. Just needed to get that off my chest.

I am so glad Steve showed up at the end! Before that I was so worried that that middle aged man was really going to be Fiona's new boyfriend. Ick! What a bore.

LOL...loved the drama with Kev and Veronica. She was literally getting ready to cut his d*ck off laugh.png Too funny.

I thought the show would never go back to Karen's dad dying. Of course they used it as a way for Frank to muster up a plan to get his life insurance savings rolleyes.gif Karen's total hate for her father is a little over dramatic to me.

Lip & Ian's fight was intense. I loved their scenes though I wish the show would focus less on Ian wanting to go to Westpoint and more on the fact that he's gay & is porking his friends brother.

Debbie continues to be cute & really enjoyable to watch.

Edited by AllmyDaysatGH

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Just saw all of season 1 and love it. The characters are great and I enjoy all the kids. Frank is such a PoS and I dont really like him. Can he be any worse?

I love how each episode opens up with a drunk Frank (and in later episodes the kids) recapping things. What a genius way to do that.

Im watching the pilot of the UK series and wow the US one is a straight rip of it so far but no black people...lol

• Members

Yes! Im watching season 2 now and up to episode 3

Frank is such a PoS. Making Dottie miss getting a heart so he could marry her, have her die and take her money. He's such a weasel. One of my favorite lines though from Dottie is "If you f-ck me, I'll die" LOL

I probably shouldnt but I like Ian and Mickey

Kim, the woman who's purse money Fiona stole was a bitch! She should have just kept her mouth shut, took the money and then cursed Fiona out. Idiot.

WTF Liam is Franks? I thought they were gonig to reveal that someone changed the paternity test. Speaking of which, what Frank did with him, letting him get kidnapped was just plain awfu. Loved the kids just rolling up into the apartment and taking him back

Craig, Fiona's crush is HOT as hell. Too bad he's a bad f--k....lol

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

So glad you are watching. Now you will be all caught up when season 3 starts airing icon1.gif

There's something about Ian and Mickey that I like too...it's a shame how things end up. The show really messed up w/Ian and Mandy in Season 2.

I still don't believe Liam is Franks baby. I mean really. LOL

LMAO

Edited by AllmyDaysatGH

• Members

I watched the entire season last night! I just couldnt stop bc it was soooo good! Man I cant believe I have to wait till next year to get more.

Fiona: "For those of us who are too f-cking busy to pay attention, here's what happeend last week" laugh.png

I cant believe psycho grandma got out of jail. That woman was unbeleivable and its funny how she cuts Frank down to nothing. Loved the shouting match between she and Sheila at the wedding reception. Drunk Sheila rocks! The death scene was funny as hell.

shamelesssheilaghost.gif

Speaking of Sheila, I liked her more this season. She was too OTT for me and a complete joke but they gave her more layers now. I liked seeing her progress in spite of Frank trying to keep her repressed. When the airplane wheel fell out of the sky right in front of her, I was like WTF? She running back into the house was hilarious.

tumblr_lysorwyBqU1r3hkipo1_500.png

tumblr_m3reycpkIx1r9x8lco1_500.gif

Veronica! Man I love her. She and Kevin look like such an odd couple from the outside but they just work. I like their relationship and arc. I felt bad for Kevin when Ethel left bc he really did care for her and her son.

I didnt mention it before but you know who I hate? Bob, Monica's "girlfriend" Thank god they ended bc she worked my last nerve

jzb6t.jpg

Who the hell knew this skinny little kid had such an amazing body. I hate how they didnt do much with Kash leaving his pregnant wife. I watnted to see her reaction to it and confront Ian. I cant believe they didnt show him asking her to let Mickey have a job there

2lnwvt5.jpg

I cant believe the wife chased her around the house with a bat and a BABY strapped to her chest. Really she was gonna rumble holding an infant?

fkabg5.jpg

LOL...I cant believe she thought she looked cute. I did like her quest to becoming a woman...lol. She is definetly equipped to take over Fiona's spot in a few years taking care of herself, Liam and Carl. I like how headstrong and mature she is.

tumblr_m1y8rcEGnv1qm9niio2_500.gif

He is not that attractive at all but there's soemthing about him that I find very hot. I love me some Lip wub.png

tumblr_m1gbksKdbd1r3hkipo1_500.png

This guy however is a friggin weirdo. Another hot guy who cant f--k worth sh-t. He's in his 30s and married a 17 yr old still in HS. WTF?

tumblr_m3j7rapkCJ1rua0hzo1_500.jpg

Something doesnt belong here. I cant beleive they all just accepte that he's Frank's kid with no question. I can understand the kids but no one else thought there was something wrong here. Maybe he is Frank's but Monica isnt the mother? Maybe there was a switch at the hospital with someone Frank slept with? To make matters worse they recasted with an even darker baby which makes it harder to picture that he came from one white parent, let alone 2. And they made him younger as the new kid is a baby while the other was a toddler

tumblr_m0odtkRZd01r3hkipo1_500.png

I didnt get this scene. Why did Frank go to Monica crying about his mother he didnt care about? Clearly he was faking but I dont get the significance of why he did it

I dont know why Lip was so surprised an upset with Karen as far as the baby goes. He yelled at her "You said it was mine!" Um, she told you she was screwing around and the baby might not be yours. I was not expecting an Asian kid. I thought he would be black...lol. Sucks for Lip to alter his whole life around this baby, dropping out of school so he could get a job to support it. He never got that job and they were giving the baby up anyway. Boy was he a dissapointment. So much talent and brains and all went to waste. Im glad he went back to school and they actually let him.

tumblr_lzrqozstGO1r3hkipo1_500.png

Im glad Steve Jimmy came back. I loved and missed him with Fiona. Its going to take a little getting used to calling him that name

I really feel bad for Fiona. She truly is held hostage by her family. I liked when she was going for her GED and was planning on going to college. Then her mother and father find and steal the money she had saved up for the family. They get wasted, dont clean the dishes, take care of the house or kids and are a complete mess. She confronts and yells at them but they are too high to even get it and she goes downstairs wipes the tear from her eyes and cleans up. That was such a powerful scene bc it highlights just how truly trapped she is. If she leaves or focuses on herself, the younger kids are completely screwed and the family will fall apart. Its amazing she isnt an alcoholic or has any serious problems bc she is under ALOT of pressure. I dont think Id be able to handle it quite like she has

tumblr_m24bc8JOTz1r3hkipo1_500.png

I missed this cop. He was like in one episode the entire season

tumblr_lxx9yeCIae1r3hkipo1_500.png

This kid is a psycho. Like he seriously is going to be a serial killer when he's older

• Members

Great analysis of the show Cheap. I agree with most of what you said. Love your banner and avatar as always wub.png

Sheila vs. Monica was made of win. Team Sheila! I loved their screaming match as well laugh.png Joan Cusack as Sheila is just plain brilliant. I actually enjoyed her more in the 1st season for some reason, but I did love how more layers were added in the 2nd and she started getting over her agoraphobia. The show really regressed by having that airplane fall out of the sky (seriously WTF??) and bringing her agoraphobia back. I just realized she got out of the house to steal that baby so maybe she doesn't have the phobia anymore.

Veronica is AMAZING!! Love that bitch. She is so inappropriate and care-free. Just my kind of character. I agree about her & Kev - they just work together & are perfect. I think they're one of the most real and believable. couples on TV. I hope in the next season they find out they're with child icon1.gif

Bob was just a strange character. That whole story just fell flat for me. Everything with Monica did. I couldn't believe any of it. I really hope they never bring Monica back because she is awful and has no redeeming qualities.

The show really missed some big hits w/Kash, his wife, and the Milkovich's. It makes me angry because there was soo much potential. Kash just disappeared. It would've been great to see his wife just once raise hell on Ian for porking her husband.

Everything the writers did with Mandy this season was a mess. They turned her into a straight up slut! The recast was awful. Mandy used to be an interesting, edgy down to earth girl and then....e5028380.gif Embarrasment. Things could've been so different. Why didn't they just have her find out about Ian (her best friend) sleeping with her brother and deal with the fallout from that for the season?

As for Micky, I was hoping he really had feelings for Ian. Their relationship was oddly sweet to me until Micky ended up dissing him like that. The show really wasted a great opportunity exploring a real relationship between those two.

Now, Ian has this new story where he's secretly sleeping with Jimmy's dad. I'm interested in seeing how this goes. LMAO!!

I absolutely LOVE Debbie and her journey into womanhood story. This was one of the best things about Season 2 for me. They're developing her character really well and I look forward to whatever they have in store for her next. Just please no to her & Carl's little friend she has a crush on. Waste of time!

ROTFL...I just can't with Jody. I love the actor but really laugh.png I was done when they had him and Sheila sex it up. unsure.png

A lot of the stuff with Frank didn't make sense. I didn't get the scene either. He really is a POS. Loved that the last scene of the show was the family kicking him outside into the snow!

OMG, I thought Karen's baby was going to be black as well laugh.png Because we got that random scene w/her going to that black guys house and talking about how they had sex. Karen was the most revolting character. They did a hatchet job to her this season! She was bad in the 1st as well but I at least found myself caring about her a little bit..

For some reason, I don't like Steve/Jimmy that much. Something about him irks me and I get this smug vibe out of Justin Chatwin's performances. I do think him & Fiona have chem. I LOVE his foreign wife Estefania though laugh.pnglaugh.png I love that it looks like she might be a regular next season.

Omg I miss that cop as well! I forgot his name already. What a mistake putting him on the back burner. I thought him & Fiona were so cute and I wanted things to go farther between them!

And LOL at your serial killer comment about Carl. So true.

• Members

Ian had sex with Jimmy's dad? I thought that was just some random man. When was it revealed to be Jimmy's father?

Estefania needs to learn some english for me to start liking her....Im not interested in reading subtitles

Another thing about Kash's wife, I didnt feel bad for her that he was cheating on her. Man was she soooo unlikeable and such a bitch. She was awful!

I think Mickey did have feelings for Ian. I think he is just way too scared with what the world will think of his sexuality to be fully open about it. I dont know but I found how rough and a-holish he was with Ian was hot. I think Ian kinda enjoyed it too...lol

I didnt even realize that Mandy was recast at first until I read that she was. The new girl blended in well in the first episode. I dont mind her but she doesnt seem to have the same energy the first did. IDA, that they made her a slut. Wasnt Lip the only person she had sex with?

Im guessing the reason the cop wasnt around was bc he was filming GCB? With that now cancelled, maybe he will return

I couldnt believe Sheila left the house when the baby was born either and the shwo missed an oppurtunity to show her struggling at the hospital being so far from home and around so many new people. She was just fine with it all!

tumblr_m1g2v2t9c11ro7d57o1_500.gif

I have such a dirty mind. I thought that was like a dildo!

tumblr_lzh8lj6SZh1qgrxobo1_500.gif

tumblr_lzh8lj6SZh1qgrxobo2_500.gif

tumblr_lzlr007jtV1qardvwo1_250.giftumblr_lzlr007jtV1qardvwo2_250.gif

tumblr_lzlr007jtV1qardvwo3_250.giftumblr_lzlr007jtV1qardvwo4_250.gif

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Oh snap...I didn't mean to say Sheila vs. Monica, I meant to say Sheila vs. Peggy Gallagher (psycho Grandma)! LOL! That Actress really dug into the role.

Remember when Jimmy (ok it really is weird calling him that) took Fiona & the other Gallaghers out to dinner to meet w/his family. When his dad showed up it was clear that was the same man Ian had a one night stand with in the previous episode. They ended up both going into the bathroom after they locked eyes at the restaurant, remember? LOL. Ian almost admitted to Fiona later on but he didn't.

Yeah Mandy only slept with Ian but her personality really changed and she became so unlikeable to me. All she seemed to care about was sex. She was a totally different person in the 1st season

Edited by AllmyDaysatGH