Sports-themed storylines

• Members

On ATWT, Mike Kasnoff's race car driving was used off and on for 2-3 years. He had a car, Ludybelle or something, and characters went to his races, and eventually he met Pilar, a fellow race car driver. In 2009, when Jack Snyder went to see Mike, he ran a race for him as Mike was too ill to compete.

Dynasty had a boring as hell storyline about Steven Carrington owning a football team and the quarterback being hooked on coke and sleeping with Sammy Jo. It would have been more interesting if Steven was getting gangbanged in the locker room.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Boxing-related stories that weren't actually about boxing:

Tom Desmond on RH used to have a lot of scenes in mid/late 1978 during the "Terry the Tumor" phase where he would go and box and beat up unsuspecting men who just thought it was going to be fun sparring. He wore glow in the dark short shorts.

Damian on ATWT had this type of story in 1995 (minus the shorts)

In GL's radio days, Meta's ex husband insisted their son become more of a man, and kept making him box. At one point the poor boy was so badly hit that he died. Meta shot her ex to death and was acquitted, by a public jury, under temporary insanity.

I remember Erica with the Cowboys.

• Members

GOD yes. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. On Dynasty, Blake owned (or partially owned) a football team and Fallon had some really great snarky lines about that at Blake and Krystle's first wedding. I can't even remember exactly what she said, something about one of the players being a "mattress-back." I wonder what would have happened if Dynasty went in that direction, instead of focusing on the oil company.

But yes. This needs to happen (*knows it never will*). Of course I want the owner's son to fool around with the tight end. And his young wife can be shocked to discover that one of the young rookies is the child she sold on the black market when she was 15.

I thought Reggie was a basketball player, though? They could kind of transpose the story from football to basketball and make it work.

Yeah, Doc Reese was a former football player. In fact, he worked at WOAK as the sports anchor on the news.

I remember the GL story with Shayne playing baseball. That was like the beginning of GL's descent into small town/middle class craziness. Not that I mind the idea of that kind of soap, but GL?? Nah.

• Members

WOW!

I actually met that guy at an acting workshop in L.A. like ten years ago where he shared that he'd played ball. He had some of the ladies in the class swooning. A while later, I saw him pop up on GH as a (rather stiff) reporter. Next thing you know he was on contract over at ATWT in NY.

Archived