GH: Guza possibly OUT???

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know, mocking other posters gets you banned. <_<

Just ask a certain someone else.

Nonetheless, I hope this does turn out to be true. Not because I'm under some misguided allusion that the show will go back to being all about the vets, but because the show would probably be at least WATCHABLE.

• Members

It ain't a 52 weeks per year thing. It's a quarterly thing, which is why sweeps happen -- that's right -- FOUR TIMES a year. The networks are able to use the 18-49 demo numbers their shows acquire during February, May, July and November sweeps to sell advertisers airtime during those respective shows. So, being #1 in the 18-49 demo in February is a pretty damn big thing. To even think that ABC would gamble on that and fire Guza is to basically set yourself up for a fall. Like his work or not, it's not a matter of taste. It's a matter of numbers, and Guza has delivered. So, it's pretty clear the only way this rumor would've been true is if he quit... which could've been a possibility. But, as for Anne Sweeney coming down and... please. She probably wasn't even thinking about any of this.

• Members

The only way I could see it happening is like this:

- ABC is unhappy with Brenda's return (it never approached anywhere near the ratings of her first return and only picked up steam towards the end)

- ABC is imposing big budget cuts on GH, and not all of that can come from the actors or sets or stunts

- ABC doesn't care about replacing anyone at AMC or OLTL because those shows are on their way out, whereas they still care about GH

GH does have a slow but steady ratings decline, especially in the last year, but then, all soaps do, so who knows.

I don't really believe it but if there was ever any perfect storm it would be now.

• Members

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

This thread had my brain spinning, I was scrolling through just waiting for the update post that this was confirmed true! But the complete opposite happened! Damn lol

But I agree with the quoted above, still have some hope that Guza could be out...I'm really interested in seeing a GH without Luza's influence. Maybe just maybe. I feel this had to have come from somewhere and it's leading somewhere else, somehow I doubt this is just an internet rumor gone rampant, it came from somewhere and really could possibly mean something. Who knows. Maybe SOD's insider was just a little to early to break the news before Guza could be even be told?? wink.gif lol

Archived