Melissa Leo on AMC

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't remember Melissa from AMC at all.

I've been saying TAH-zyah all these years.

Everybody looks so great with their tans, especially Kristian Alfonso. That was a lot of fabric Tracey had going there, and I thought she was describing Bill Bell at first. "I don't watch All My Children, I'm sorry", that made me laugh.

How many years did the Ingenue category last (I'm pretty sure Anne Heche won for that) and was it in addition to Younger Actor or merely the original name for it? What did they call the "male ingenue" category?

• Members

I was thinking maybe someone like Billy Warlock in his Capitol days but maybe that would have been Juvenile? A little older like Brian Bloom? Who knows... there must be a list out there somewhere, I just know that the last time I tried to look up something Emmy-related on Wikipedia, the information provided was unnecessarily complicated and frustratingly half-assed.

ETA: Julie and Charlie on AMC would have been perfect nominees for this category in the true sense of the term.

CONGRATS MEL!

• Members

She's a good actress, but that acceptance speech was a mess. I didn't care about her saying "f-ck" (they censored it, so who cares?), but she just seemed rather fake. "Pinch me. For me? Really?" UGH! And then add the awkwardness of Kirk Douglas (I seriously thought he might die on-stage or fall into the orchestra pit) -- cringe-worthy! I had to change the channel it was so bad, but managed to see Melissa walking off, grabbing 95-year-old Kirk's cane and mimicking the walk of an old man.

:wacko:

Archived