Melissa Leo on AMC

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I bet she'll channel her inner-Linda Warner to people dissing her Oscar speech.

''I got my ticket to freedom, Nina! I got my ticket to freedom and I'm getting out of this joke of a town! And me and Zach are gonna live like KINGS on YOUR money, SISTER!

Nice pictures, HUH, of you and Zach having ALL kinds of fun for your scrapbook...RIGHT?!''

• Members

Several Michaels or Elizabeths I can approve of, that's like any person's real-life experience. ^_^ Y&R is always cited for having two Johns at the same time. I liked how they would say John Silva's full name, again, a nice realistic touch.

• Members

I think it's bizarre how much people absolutely hate Melissa Leo now for some reason. I don't follow the movie industry...at all (dozens of major movies coming out each year is harder to keep up with than six feeble little soaps -- plus, "my" movies are not "Oscar" movies anyway), but I'm very curious as to what she's done to get such hostility from people. Something about a campaign ad or something? And people think she's fake?

• Members

I'm getting that people didn't like that she winged it and rambled without saying much. Like, you can wing it and ramble if you're being devastatingly witty and charming, but if there's a lot of vamping and pausing, the most interesting part being an expletive, people start turning up noses.

Archived