OLTL: RC Addresses Todd Drama

• Members

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

OLTL's HW Ron Carlivati Addresses Todd Drama!

The scribe recently hinted to Digest that the rumors (and multiple on-screen teases) surrounding Roger Howarth's (ex-Paul, ATWT; ex-Todd) possible return to Llanview aren't for naught. "We know that Todd has a different face and that's an established part of the story," he explains. "We're playing on that history and use it in the mystery that we started to tell with Blair and Tomas. The savvy viewer will notice. So it opens up a lot of questions and possibilities. There is definitely an element of the mystery that is connected to the way Todd used to look," he offers.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't tell if this is some huge tease or not, but airing a major Roger Howarth flashback episode was a huge step. Remember the man who said at the altar he didn't want his child to be ashamed of him? Look at what we have today. All Todd's children are ashamed of him. And they're right to be. And he doesn't care.

I like the concept - Blair and Tomas puzzle over what happened to the better Todd of 1995, and what has he become. But if this is Ron's idea of a "character-driven" story wherein we all must come to terms with the changes in Todd between his golden heyday and embrace today's Todd, he's barking up the wrong tree. It wouldn't matter who played this guy - he's become nigh-irredeemable since the rapemance. The character is ruined. I believe he's a sociopath and would rape anyone again. So for me the only way this storyline can satisfactorily end is that either Todd has some sort of tumor or DID or some sort of mental illness that has warped him so much, or it's not Todd.

• Members

What would the savvy viewer notice? If he means the painting then that doesn't take a lot of work to figure out.

I've heard people say, "This can't be Todd, he would never treat his sister this way," but for 3 years now Todd has treated everyone with contempt and hostility. And the show has painted this as being fun, and just being Todd. The show has spent so long reinforcing that Todd is above anyone and everyone that he could start punching out old ladies and people would probably shrug it off.

• Members

So let me get this straight, if there is two Todd's, does this mean the real Todd will go back to treating Jessica like his own flesh and blood, or will we continue to have the status quo even with the alleged real Todd back? I'm leaning towards the latter if such a thing was to happen.

• Members

Are you trying to make a funny? ;)

Because prior to his career in soaps, Ron Carlivati was just beginning his professional life as.... a lawyer. He did some sort of legal work for Claire Labine, who basically hooked him up with OLTL as a writer's assistant.

By the way... I totally agree: This interview pretty much said nothing.

Archived