DAYS: February Discussion Thread

• Members

I feel like someone let Higley out of the closet she's been locked in. This show seems INSANE this week! I'm getting a lot of laughs, but it's approaching parody-level.

Also, that whole bit in the opening of Wednesday's episode, with Melanie, Daniel, and Carly being concerned about Jennifer, was so ho-hum. "Oh, I guess we should do something." "Yeah, she's in bad shape." [Carly tries to blink but is unable to do so.] "K, guess I'll come to the prison."

And what was with Lee AND Stefano mentioning pension plans in the same episode?! Is Eugenia back??

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dc cubs

Carly would have been a hell of a more believable assistant in surgery than Melanie being there. That was just a joke.

Oh and Bope may be back together but I'd bet money on the fact that they will be on the back, backburner. Days doesn't know how to write a story that doesn't include a triangle or quad.

Bope is pretty much dead to me. This is two reconciliations now where they will get back together without solving any of their issues. The first was after Zach died and I don't expect Bope to have any type of counseling this time either. Days needs to show us why Bope still belong together and they have failed in doing that, in my opinion.

• Administrator

Bo/Carly's break up....that's it? Man, Hope/Bo/Carly triangle could've been so good but the Dena/Chris/Gary have totally failed on everything from Bo/Hope's breakup to Bo/Carly getting together so quickly, to Bo/Carly barely in storylines together, to building up Bo/Hope's eventual reunion, to now Bo/Carly's breakup. I agree dccubs, as a huge Bo/Hope fan, I'm not excited about their reunion because there's been hardly any build up - they could've used this prison storyline to do that.

I still can't believe Jen got her heart ripped out. That was pretty shocking.

• Members

Missed RoboRafe today!! LOL

I felt for Carly so much during the break up...great work by CC

I liked the Taylor/Abe scenes, those were nice...that's cool she will be living in the Carver house, but really, would Lexie be excited over that like Abe said? Would she be excited that Fay's daughter is going to be living in their home? I would think not. I hope this causes some friction in their marriage.

My love for NL is fading away...what is going on, she is not acting to great as Taylor sad.gif Her line delivery is very static & just...off to me. I do like all the history mentions with Taylor though, especially Nicole talking about childhood with Taylor, Brandon, their dad, etc...I found it pretty interesting.

I mean, wow...Jennifer is just laying there with her heart not beating and Melanie & Daniel were just standing there with zero imminence, acting all calm & collected! Ridiculous! I just don't understand why her heart had to be taken out in the first place? I get it, that's what the people @ the prison do but why did DAYS have to go there with Jennifer? How did she even survive after it was removed from her chest? This S/L is a complete joke!!

Victor and Maggie wub.gif

• Members

I didn't notice her being any worse than she usually is. :lol:

She will do fine as long as she has a strong story to carry her. She is good at being pretty and sort of projects sweet, so I think it will all depend on whether or not her dialogue is actually interesting enough to make people not notice her.

The last couple of days has been fun, it is taking on some hints of JER with the doppleganger Rafe and Jennifer living without a heart. And Kate has gotten a couple of good scenes in with her delight at Chloe going crazy. I just wish there was some way to keep Robin Mattson. I loved the scene with her, Bo, and Ty Treadway where she just was trying to take charge telling him to shut up and say nothing. Robin Mattson has the best voice in soaps and she just has a way of making any line sound great. She should have been around in the 40s and 50s starring in Film Noirs.

• Members

Poor Bo. He was so much better with Carly. At least she got to leave with her dignity in tact. Im glad it ended on her terms, rather than she being dumped

LOVE Victor and Kate teaming up. They are always great together

It was grueseome and unnecesary. Now she will forever have to be treated like a heart transplant character, complete with all the complications and precautinos that go along with that. I dont understand why they went this route. Of course Jack wont come to visit her and I guess this will seal the fate of their marriage bc I cant imagine how her husband wouldnt drop everything and be with her.

• Members

No actually he wasn't. I couldn't stand him with her, and I can barely stand Daniel when he's around her.

Yeah Natalia isn't great on Days. I felt sorry for Arianne when she was in scenes with her. She acted circles around Natalia. I'm meh on Rafe 2, I like original recipe Rafe better.

Guest dc cubs

Some of the current plots are something you would have seen during the JER era only he would have done it a hundred times better. Surgically removing Jennifer's heart was pretty bad. Then you add on the story of 2 Rafe's and its too much. IMO, these stories should not have been done around the same time.

• Members

Natalia Livingston looks like she holds her breath during all of her scenes. She doesn't look comfortable at all and she just seems scared! I am so disappointed in her on DAYS! Maybe she'll loosen up soon??

RoboRafe is a complete hit in my book!! I just love how he acts & carries himself. I mean, I think it would be in the best interest for the DAYS writers to just let BoringRafe rot in that DiMera cage & have RoboRafe take over his place for good now.

• Members

I know there is a lot of Bo and Hope love here but they never have been my cup of tea and I'm kind of disappointed with how they really dropped the ball on the whole idea

of a quad with Justin, Bo, Hope, Carly. But I know Bope are destiny so I just have to accept they will always end up back with each other.

Some know I am a Natalia fan and so far disappointing. she's always been more low key and I did find her scenes with James Reynolds a bit better, but her delivery seems so stilted and the whole reason of her coming to town so fake manufactured. I am curuious to see if her scenes with EM play any better. he's a more relaxed actor like JR is and give her a bit more time to see if settling into the canvas and show relaxes her a bit.

• Members

Those scenes with Doug, Julie, and Maggie at Jennifer's bedside really grounded a lot of this crap for me. Especially Julie's moments alone with her. Nice stuff.

However, what a terrible [!@#$%^&*] party for Johnny and Sydney. Let's get four adults who hate each other in the same cramped apartment and then shuffle all the kids off to the bedroom ASAP. Hooray! How festive!

Also, I'm cracking up at how Taylor doesn't seem to understand autism and keeps trying to make Theo play cards by the regular rules. This girl is dumber than a box of... well, Chloe.

Guest dc cubs

Yeah, I'm very disappointed that Days really botched what could have been a great quad with 4 great actors. They never even really explored Hope and Justin. Instead Days rushed another Bope reunion. As you say, I always knew Bope would get back together at some point because of the supercouple destiny.

However, I seriously doubt Days is really going to let Bope tackle all the issues they have had since Zach died. The problem is Days rushed them into a quick reconciliation after his death without solving any of their problems. I have the same feeling it will happen again this time. Hope's anger at Bo that was underneath the surface of the pill stuff and the fact that she tried to kill him will never be discussed. Neither will Bo moving on with Carly.

Instead Bope will get back together and be left without a story. Thus, they will have even less screen time than the two times per week we have been seeing them the last few months.

Archived