What Haven't They Done?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DeeeDee that cracks me up!

Soap did a story about a gay man and a lesbian falling in love. It was the only one of the awful Jodie de-gaying stories I actually liked. Randee Heller was a great talent. Sadly she was quickly written out.

• Members

There was a soap about astronauts and their wives called Clear Horizon but that was mostly on the ground.

Victor Lord and I believe Michael Grande's father or Roger Gordon's built an underground city called Eterna. Roger Gordon grew up in Eterna. He met a teenaged Viki and they fell in love and married and she got pregnant. Roger was banished by Victor and Viki became Niki for most of her pregnancy. When she gave birth, she was Viki again, but Victor hired a magician to hypnotize her into forgetting, and he gave the baby to Roger.

Eterna had gold, and Michael, along with his partner in crime named Leo Cromwell, Gabrielle and then Tina, wanted the gold. They, along with Cord, Roger, Viki, Christine Cromwell (Leo's daughter who was briefly passed off as Viki's child to try to scam her), and Wade Coleman, were trapped underground. Viki remembered giving birth, and learned from Roger that Megan (whom she hated at the time) was her daughter. The vibrations being used to try to free them began to destroy Eterna, and then I think there was also some sort of explosion to try to get the gold. Leo Cromwell was killed. Everyone else got out.

Later that year, a Rogue's Gallery of villains from the Rauch years, like Jamie and Elizabeth Sanders, and Ursula, and someone else, were there and I think at that time it was sealed up once and for all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D60GeIw_E_Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xuc_QkZ49bI&feature=related

• Members

I had no idea that Ursula re-appeared in Eterna! It's interesting these over the top OLTL storylines were huge ratings grabbers--but though only a bit earlier, you don't hear people still talking about them the way they did about Reilly's DAYS stuff, they seem kinda forgotten. I wonder if it's because OLTL changed its identity so much, or just further back?

Wasn't Eterna the most expensive soap set ever--or was that VIcki's Heavenly spaceship (a set I personally HATE).

• Members

I might be wrong about that - I think someone went back to Eterna or the ruins of Eterna, although I can't remember who (Sarah? Megan? Bo?), and I thought that involved the old super-villains, but I'm not sure. I might be mixing that up with all the "wrestle for your life" stuff and the electric chair in 1989.

I think the ratings had started to fall by the time of Eterna, but, as heinous as many of Rauch's decisions were, the earnestness/boy's own/camp makes a lot of it work now. That and the characters.

Gabrielle and Tina fight over gold:

Archived