DAYS: Actor OUT!

• Administrator

That's exactly what happened. Nathan was so boring and the show did nothing with the character. What a waste of a good actor. And what a waste of the last two years of Melanie/Nathan and their "longing". I think Mark will have a bright future - he has the looks and the acting chops.

He's gotta be talking about Higley for sure!

Please, keep us updated on anything interesting stuff he says in the chat.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh he's left the chat already, it ended like an hour ago.

Some other things he said that I forgot were "Like I said..its a collaboration. When something becomes a dictatorship there is no final destination than under." "I want every person in here to understand that we are all EQUAL! in life, in our careers and we do not deserve to feel below ANYONE. It's a creative process, not a dictatorship. We aren't puppets...we aren't robots!" He said he thinks there is a lot of confusion and split decisions being made in an attempt to keep ratings high and the show on the air. He said he knows that there are people who have been there longer, but when he was hired he was under the impression that they believed he would help them get ratings up. lol. Thats pretty much it I think.

• Members

The guy was cute but as an actor I ddint think he was all that. I dont think this is any big loss. What I dont get is why drop him now when they spent the last 2 months building him and Melanie up and the story reached its climax just last week and its now time for him to step into it. Timing seems off

• Members

Too bad. Not only was he gorgeous but he seemed to have chops with what little they gave him. And I was ready to invest in Melanie & Nathan in a big way, especially after the quarantine. From what AllmyDaysatGH is saying about his chat, he was energized by his work during the quarantine and I'll take that to mean that even though he and Melissa Burnett are no longer dating IRL, he was perfectly OK with working with her and on the Melanie/Nathan/Stephanie triangle. Still, I'm sure I will catch him in Primetime or something.

I definitely think Days are overdosing on EJ/Sami/Rafe and need to spread the love a little. I would probably have invested in Melanie and Nathan much earlier if they had taken time out to write it as a more organic romance, becausee both actors worked hard to convey the physical attraction between Melanie and Nathan even in those filler scenes Hapka talks about.

• Members

Oh, man, really?! All this time -- for, like, more than a year, I thought Hapka was the one she was dating! :lol: Well, regardless. They did a good job of looking like Melanie and Nathan were hot for each other.

And it's Molly, not Melissa. Woah. Maybe this is the onset of old age!

Guest dc cubs

I'm wondering if Days will recast the role. It's clear from the chat that Hapka had issues with the writers and wasn't shy about saying so. While I get his enthusiasm for his character, he wasn't on the show long enough to be making those kind of complaints. There are lots of other Days actors who probably feel the same way but are smart enough to keep their mouths shut.

• Members

Some of Mark's tweets, I hope this is enough for them to change their minds:

Haha Apparently the mailboxes are full over at DOOL and Corday cuz ur all little sweet bad asses! I feel blessed u guys care so much!

If you all knew the stir you have caused here at the studio! Its amazing! They can't keep up!! Gotta go film with "Maggie" brb...

• Members
rolleyes.gif Mark needs to sit his ass down somewhere, I'm sorry but does he really think he's going to get his job back now. Didn't he say that he told the show to use him or let him go? Does he seriously think that TPTB are going to give two chits what fans think, and are going to magically hire him again and write better for Nathan. Did he quit thinking he had a bigger fanbase than he really does, aiming to try and make a stand that would eventually get the show to hire him again? He straight up said that he asked to be let out of his contract, now it seems that he thinks he can get the fans to save him. All weekend long he has been fueling the fight to get him back onto DAYS. Love him, but I think he should stop and just move on now.

Archived