DAYS: Actor OUT!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

http://www.99chats.com/room_132405

yeah he started up that chat, heres some of the major things he's said so far:

He said that he was upset and concerned over the direction the show was taking Nathan, so a few months ago he went to the TPTB and talked about it. He felt that he wasn't given a fair chance to show his ability. That's when the quarantine S/L came about and he really enjoyed that material and the response he got. He said that wasn't enough and he wanted more. He then asked DAYS to either use him, or let him go. He said thank you to them a expressed how hard he was willing to work for them.

He said before the show broke up Melanie and Nathan, the S/L's were fun then it became a year of "casual scene after casual scene". He said he was used as a scene filler to fill in and listen to other characters issues. He said he was sorry to everyone who waited patiently for over an "unnecessary" year for Mel/Nate to reunite just to have the writers "spit in your face and throw the storyline away".

• Members

He loves to work with Shelley Hennig, said she was great to work with and that they were a bit neglected. He said the energy DAYS put into it's characters was not evenly distributed. He said Ken Corday is a good man and from what he heard, Gary Tomlin really believed in him (him as in Mark Hapka)

He doesn't know the future of Nathan.

He also said "I don't know who got the final say but that person is going to be the demise of this show if there isn't a powershift."

• Members

Wow, strong words.

I wonder if they're going to recast Nathan. Seems silly, because the character is pretty ill-defined outside of the charm Hapka brought to the role. But even on his Facebook page, he says something like, "I'm an actor working in television to support my real passion: FILM." So he's not somehow I think would've stuck around with the show for years and years, anyway.

• Members

I really think no actors should stick around. Soaps just don't offer any chance to do real character work. Heck, they don't even let you rehearse. It's not the best situation. They are a great way for a young actor like himself to learn stuff, and a great place for an actor whose career is winding down to offset retirement.

Archived