2011: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Thanks. I don't watch B&B until the weekend.

I hate it when there's a discrepancy. I think Sony does the international credits and for some reason sometimes they're not on the same page as NBC. It's weird.

• Members

I think of it the opposite way. I think the credits done by "Days" and aired as they are supposed to be are the way you see them on SoapNet and in Canada. For the NBC broadcast, NBC changes things and retypes the credits to fit their "same-as-every-show-model" of doing the advertisement on top of the screen and the small portion of black at the bottom of the screen for the credits. I think "Days" was the last holdout (of both daytime & primetime shows) of doing the credits this way (ad on top/small black bar on bottom for credits), since NBC wanted it I think back in 2000 or so, and "Passions" changed right over, but "Days" held out until 2002.

• Members

Iacubuzio was canned last week..Toups didn't hear that scoop? No surprise..I'm sure Culliton and Culltion will be out

So who will be the fifth new writer? Nancy Gail Lawrence, Peggy Schibi, Jodie Scholz?

They will have replaced the entire scriptwriting team, mostly with newbies getting scale

Pete T. Rich (veteran)

David Levinson (mid range)

Lacey Dyer (newbie/scale pay)

Roger Schroeder (newby scale pay)

?? who's the fifth new writer???

• Administrator

If the firing happened last week, I wouldn't be posting about it this soon. I like to give it at least 3-4 weeks or longer because they're probably still writing at the show after they are told that they've been fired.

• Members

I don't know when the changeover for other shows was, I just know that "Days" was the last holdout. I just checked my records, and it looks like November 1, 2001 was the last time "Days" aired its regular crawl. Beginning with the November 2, 2001 episode, "Days" has aired the standard 30-second NBC credits with the black bar at the bottom (rotating every other day between cast credits & crew credits). Although I'd love to have the crawl back, there have been two benefits with the mandatory NBC credits. Each episode's script writer & director is listed every day, and all of the guest stars are listed every week. Before November 2001, sometimes "Days" might go a full month without airing the cast credits, so many of the "Days" guest stars are unknown prior to 2002. And many episodes wouldn't even list the writer or director.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived