All: TV Guide's Worst in Soaps 2010

• Members

The truth is out there-P&G playing the victim card to the press and NPR confirming that P&G did want out of the soap game for years and that the final crappy season of GL finally made sense

When in Rome- Brenda's return to GH-they call it a botched storyline which spent weeks showing her being stalked in Roma and by the time she arrived in PC most didn't give a crap

Don't Ask, Can't Sell-Talks about Kish being blamed for OLTL's tanking ratings and then dumping their characters

Extreme Makeovers-One of the dopiest plots of the year Y&R had not one but two plastic surgery dopplegangers terriorizing GC at the same time. Logan then goes on to say that someone from the show didn't like what he said about that plot and banned him from scoops for a whole month

Lather Rinse, No Repeat-ABC dropping Soapnet in favor of a 24-hour channel aimed at pre-schoolers. Cause they watch tv at 3am?

Bad Sport of the Year-OLTL's former Bret Claywell who had a public fit when he didn't get nominated for an Emmy

Passages-Fan faves that passed on this year and they bid adieu to James Mitchell and DOOL's Frances Reid and they wish Helen Wagner had lived a few months more, and it would have been grand and historic if she got to utter the last words on ATWT

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I definetly agree with these especially the lackluster Brenda one.

really does anyone even care? Soapnet died as a network long before this announcement. It was great for classic soaps, but it dropped support for most of them ages ago. The internet via ABC, NBC and CBS.com as well as Youtube and Hulu has made reruns of the current soaps on SN, irrelevant

• Members

I have to agree about SoapNet, its loss is disappointng, but so is the channel itself. Had the cancellation news come year one or two, yes, I'd be outraged. But it's been the wonderful fans out there who've uploaded to YouTube and other sites who've been the real heros. We waited so long for SoapNet and now it's on its way out with all of its missed opportunities.

Not to sound crass, but I think the moment ATWT learned of its cancellation it should have gotten some lovely final scenes with Ms. Wagner in the can. They knew she was ill and not coming in so often, they really should have worked that out sooner. It could have been approached in a very kind, respectful, and tasteful way to honor her contribution without offending her.

• Members

Woah, Bret Claywell had a fit over not being nominated? I didn't hear about that one. Details?

SFK, ITA! They should have just filmed a scene of her saying "Goodight, my dear."...What would that have been? Two seconds? And a perfect tribute with her.

Also, as for SoapNet...

I know I'm disappointed. I have spent years being disappointed in the network for taking of shows like "Dynasty" and pushing Ryan's hope to 5 am....But I'm disappointed in its demise. It's how I get back into DAYs. I don't really like watching TV on my computer that much. And for a while, I already had Y&R and AMC recording on my TiVo, and couldn't record DAYs at 1, so I always watched at 11 on soapnet.

There's something about watching it on TV that I like better, so it's disappointing. Is it the end of the world? No. But It's sad.

• Members

At the full risk of stirring up long flushed [!@#$%^&*] , wasn't it NB who flat out said intimated that half of Kish missed a day of work hungover? That there were *other* issues such as this at play that killed the couple? You know, because soaps are incapable of recasting irresponsible actors were that the case?

Archived