GH: Epic disaster plot coming

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, I admit I laughed because of the obvious jab at me that that was.

Honestly though, if they kill Monica I don't think I will watch anymore. I don't think they'd be that stupid, after the backlash of Alan.

Same goes for Bobbie and Lesley.

How about you jump in there with them? :)

• Members

I think I've said this before, but what's the point of watching now if them killing off Monica is going to make you quit? It's not like she gets any story now or is ever on at all anyway. They couldn't even bring her out for Thanksgiving, so if Monica's the only reason you're still watching, there really is no point in watching anymore.

• Members

Monica is not my only reason of watching. Neither is Bobbie. Or Lesley. Or Edward, Tracy, etc. Do I wish all were on more? Hell yeah.

Writing Monica out would not make me stop watching. Killing her would. Because I think it's ridiculous that you can backburn a character to hell, and then bring them out of the closet just to kill them. Why can't Bobbie and Monica move to the beach together for retirement? They're best friends after all. Or something like that.

It's the disrespect of it all. You know they're never gonna kill Jason, Brenda, Carly, Sonny when they want to leave. They're going to have them leave town, or maybe a coma. So why is it vets are only worthy of a storyline when they can die?

I honestly would rather see Monica, Edward, Bobbie, and Lesley be written out in a proper way then be backburned into oblivion as they are now.

• Members

I can understand that, but I don't know...I guess for me, it's more disrespectful to keep her on contract, have her languish on the backburner, and then pull her out once or twice a year to be nice. She'll never have a good story ever again, so for me, it wouldn't matter how she's written out.

And if all the characters I cared about were on the backburner like some of those GH ladies are, while characters I hated were on every single day, I wouldn't be watching that sh!t. No indeed lord.

• Members

Uh oh! Otalia's got competition.

Bring on "Mobbie!" Shoot their love story with handheld cameras in the ghettos of New Jersey and play some indie rock music in the background.

Plus, Guza will love it. Their couple name has the word "Mob" in it! That's GREAT!

• Members

I agree, to some extent. I think it is disrespectful to keep them on contract just to whip them out 3 times a year. I would honestly rather see them written out. But not by death. Maybe it's just me, but something about that bothers me. There are so much better ways to write out these characters that we all grew to love and cherish than death.

And I agree about not watching. But there are some characters I really like that are also on a lot. Robin, Elizabath, Michael, Abby, Ethan, Maya, Tracy, Alexis, etc.

And while some of those people (especially Alexis and lately Liz) aren't on that much, they still are on enough where I enjoy their storylines. I am loving this Maya/Ethan thing, I love Michael/Abby, I love Tracy. So there's lik a half and half balance. Half of it I enjoy...

The other half of Sonny/Carly/Jason/Sam/Lulu/Dante/Brenda, combined with the lack of vets, I hate. It's usually about a 70 to 30 ratio for me, with the bad outweighing the good. But then a character I really like will start a story and so I choose to just ignore the stuff I dont like and focus on what i do.

Make sense?

• Members

I love the entitlement of TV viewers. I bestow my precious watching time on this show so they should write for me. No sh!t. They are all writing for themselves, usually with a lot of input and diversions from the network executives. This is what I've got so watch or don't – stuff usually goes wrong, people leave and then they throw a bit of bones to satisfy their viewers. But no one goes: Oh, my dear, dear, dear, lovely viewer who I love sooo much and who I want to write for, blah, blah, whatever, whatever.

Archived