AMC Actress Taking Unexpected Leave

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry to hear this. Debbi Morgan is probably my fave woman on the show. Since Angie is such an important character, AMC will likely have to temporarily re-cast. I wonder who will fill-in for Debbi. In guesses? Off the top of my head, I could see Victoria Rowell(ex-Dru, Y&R), Tonya Lee Williams(Olivia, Y&R), Vivica A. Fox, Jonelle Allen(ex-Generations), or Holly Robinson Peete(ex-21 JUMP STREET).

• Members

You've said this numerous times--that you think the impetus of the move was to discourage the vets from staying, but I don't agree. The show seems to (remarkably) realize that Debbi is beloved and important to the show. I dunno, I tink we'd have heard more rumours if this wasn't simply genuinely a personal problem. They do happen. (*sings A Cockeyed Optimist before someone else calls me out on it*)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I saw that someone posted on Soapcentral that Debbie Morgan said this morning on the Tom Joyner Morning show that she has Lyme Disease. And that this is why she is taking a leave of absence. They say that she stated that she got the disease 16 years ago. She is slated to return taping on February 2. Here's the post mentioning this at Soapcentral.

http://boards.soapcentral.com/showthread.php?666588-Debbie-Morgan-has-Lymes-Disease-!!

I'm sorry to hear this and hope that Debbie feels better.

Archived