AMC Actress Taking Unexpected Leave

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I knew something was up when I mentioned this in one of the daily threads the other week.

And, as I also brought up then, the third year of Debbi's contract is up now. And (at least with vets) ABC usually has the option to go ahead with the final year or not (for this very reason Julia Barr was waiting to see whether she would be fired at the end of 2005, although in the end ABC did go ahead with the final year on her deal). Or they can probably also renegotiate the terms of the contract. Or possibly Debbi also has the option of whether to go ahead with the final year.

Maybe this is due to personal factors. But I just think the timing of it should be noted.

And how they didn't give her one single word to say in the Thanksgiving episode? Very odd.

• Members

Same here.

While I have been throwing out the "contract issues" possibility, I just remembered, during the Thanksgiving scenes at Krystal's, thinking how incredibly sad Angie looked. And I thought it was such great acting because the camera wasn't even really focusing on Angie. And for a brief moment I wondered if it was actually DM that was sad and not Angie, because Angie isn't really supposed to be sad, is she? She is at peace with everything.

• Members

Oh Miss Debbie, I hope everything's okay. Come back to us when you're ready, I'd really miss you if you left. Jesse without Angie would be so bizarre now (no, you Jesse haters, this is not the opportunity for you to get rid of him too!), and a recast is out of the question. I'm sure SQ is a lovely lady, she had some hilarious moments on Hanging With Mr. Cooper, but even she knows she wasn't Angie. She played Angie kind of like Nan-Lynn Nelson played recast Vivienne. They both had this sort of soft-spoken, contained, "safe" line delivery, and the "pop" of the original portrayers was gone. They were now the type of characters who help to move along story but you don't really see as capable of driving it.

• Members

They actually do! I remember seeing it -- although, for the life of me, I can't remember how I got to it. I don't even remember who else was in the scene. It was probably one of those accidents. Like you're watching one clip, and you see other ones on that "Recommendations" feature.

Archived