Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I know Katherine/Marge got JC a Lead Actress Emmy nomination in 1990 but it wasn't one of Bill Bell's finest hours. It was one of those second/third tier storylines of 1989, 1990 that Bill Bell gave to the main females that were not Cricket or Cassandra. SOD had Katherine/Marge as worst dual role in the 1990 Best and Worst issue, and that storyline probably played a part in Y&R also being named most disappointing show of 1990.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

1986… The whole Jill/John divorce was so well written. It got me hooked when I first watched it back in early 2000’s when someone burned them for me on dvd’s.

The who shot Jill-story was also a favorite of mine..

Jack Abbott (Terry) was such a gem too for that show.

my second favorite year of Y&R is probably 2007. (Please don’t judge me but I was a teen during that time and it got me excited)

The whole exit of Dru shocked me to the bones. 
I liked Colleen’s storylines

2006-2007 John’s Death was the end Of an era. But I do think they handled it well.

Nick’s plane crash and return was one of my favorite storylines of all time. I’m a shick fan and when he thought that he was still married to Sharon. Oh my god those feels and goosebumps

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I wanna do a Slaps Video of The past decade of Y&R 

but more than finding them i must know where they could be 

please help me 

I REMEMBER:

Nina Slaps Phyllis (2012)

Nikki Slaps Ian Ward (2014)

Summer Slaps Abby (2015)

Victoria Slaps Billy (2016)

Sharon and Abby Slap One Another (2018)

October Slaps After the Fall Out of Nick and Phyllis (2018)

Abby and Mia Valentine's Day Brawl? (2019)

Nikki Slaps Diane (2022)

What Am I Missing?

• Members

It was before her december wedding to Jack. She had an ectopic pregnancy. Maybe it was around autumn 2001. In early 2002 she was determined to become pregnant again so she started hormone treatments for fertility. But her health deteriorated because of that therapy and she risked her life.  Phyllis had to give up her dream of having a baby with Jack. In the same period Diane came back to Genoa City with Kyle. And a shocked Jack found out that he was his biological son. Diane used him to have again a place in Jack's life (and in his house). Phyllis was frustrated and livid. 

• Members

Nina slapping Phyllis was so satisfying.. and made me wistful that there weren't any other memorable Phyllis vs Nina pileups in the past especially in the 90s when Phyllis was a thorn in the bug's side (and you know she told Nina about her.. because Nina would throw shade on occasion).

For me, 1990 to 1992 were my favorite Y & R years.. because you had 3 huge stories that were were in various stages (David Kimble, Nikki's alcholism, & Sheila Carter) during those 2 years (1989 was kind of the seeds for all 3 stories with David wooing Nina after Jill turned him down, Jack/Nikki eloping, and Scotty/Lauren getting married though he was a bit put out with Paul being a presence in their lives as her good friend).

1993 had the Victor being persumed dead.. which briefly got Jabot back to the Abbots and Hope being introduced... plus the whole Ryan/Nina/Victoria/Cole story started after it was getting going in 1992.

After that.. the show seemed to have some strong stories, stories that went nowhere, and a repeat story that wasn't as good the 2nd time (John/Jill remarrying, having Billy, Jill cheating again, then another divorce story that became the two just co existing as a couple in name only, and finally peacefully divorcing when Bill Bell wanted to introduce the Dennison clan... with two daughters not liking Jill .. a bad repeat of Ashley/Traci not liking Jill back in the 80s).

• Members

Nikki slapped Ryan (1992) when she found Victoria with him at hotel room.

Gloria slapped Jeffrey (2012)

Victoria slaps Kelly (2014)

Victoria slaps Victor (2002)

Phyllis slapped Jack (2001)

Phyllis slapped Jack (2009)

Ashley slapped Nikki (2001)

Chelsea slapped Adam (2012)

Diane & Nikki slapped each other (2020)

Nikki & Jill slapped each other (2000)

Chloe slapped Heather (2010)

Victoria slapped Phyllis (2019)

Nikki slaps Sharon (2003)

Ashley slaps Victoria (1999)

Tricia slapped Tony and kissed him (1999)