Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Didn't realize it was he who chose to leave. Hard to picture him playing David in the later years. Always assumed it was one of those recasts to "take the role in a different direction." I wonder too why they recast and didn't just say Jill had hired a new male secretary. 

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

Not sure if he did, or if he just landed a job around the time they were thinking of recasting. Maybe he was given enough notice. Then again he may have seen the opportunity to be in a Madonna film (little did he know, haha) and jumped at the chance.

• Members

Perhaps he could have subbed as David for Pilsbury (although they probably would have mentioned that) As Jess did so with Brenda before Jess actually took over. That's my guess but I thought Dickson was also absent in some of November 1986 as well? Unless I'm thinking earlier when DA came back to sub for Jill. 

• Members

Not sure. Someone on IMDB has daily episode synopsis from 1986 (missing big chunks but most of the last few months is there). I may have missed it, but that last mention of David was as the Who Shot Jill story wrapped. Sven calls David to report Jill is missing or something. I will have a look. The dates are out a bit, but only by a couple days. I guess Michael could have subbed and then taken over the part? Brenda was only gone during Oct 86 when DA took over for one or at most two episodes.

• Members

At the same time though, back then soap press often took ages to announce cast changes, if they even bothered and accuracy wasn't their game, lol. So I take it all with a grain of salt and leave things tentative until we see for ourselves. That's why having these eps is so good for that reason

Yeah it says the same on IMDB. He is listed as first appearing on November 17 (which is Nov 19 according to the French and German guides (they actually have cast list information on IMDB which includes non contract for each episode with synopsis) And it did prove me wrong Deb Adair is listed as Jill in November as well. I assume these are acurate and come from the German or French episodes, as the person has more info in the synopsis than the German and French guides.

So the article is very wrong in that case, if indeed Corbett started on Nov 17 or 19 BD wasn't there but Deb Adair was. 

• Members

I watched the clips of where Jill hired Drew Pillsbury as David before they were deleted off YT earlier this year and it was hilarious.....I highly doubt Jill’s hiring process was legal at all but it was also funny to know she personally handpicked David to be her secretary knowing what lies down the road.

• Members

@YRfan23 So I checked IMDB and they have Deborah Adair listed as subbing from ep #3477 (Nov 11 there Nov 13 on the German/French guides) up to #3482 (listed as Nov 18 on IMDB and Nov 20 on the German/French guides) 

IMDB seems to correct itself with #3486 which all line up as Nov 25

So yeah this is probably what the article was referring to. Though the article is still very wrong, haha.

And Deb was on once in October. So I guess this was when Brenda was having issues. Either health or contract, lol

Edited by will81