OLTL SCOOP! Ex-GH Actor Joins

• Members

That's a possibility.

Although it doesn't make me feel any better about the situation, you know?

I mean, if that's the case, I just hope the dude who portrays Jerry Jacks on GH (or any popular ex-ABC soap star, doesn't matter whom) doesn't turn on his TV set one day, watches AMC's Kendall talk about dear, departed Zach, then calls Brian Frons and says, "Hey, you know...I think I could really make magic happen w/ that girl [if I were brought on as Thorsten Kaye's replacement]." Because, at that point, who the [!@#$%^&*] needs writers?!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Do you really want me to answer that, lol?

I wish I could be as optimistic about this as you, marceline. And as usual, if I'm wrong about Ted King, then I'll gladly be the first to admit it. OTOH, I come back to the same two problems:

1) Actors should never have as much input in their character's conception as that article makes it out to be.

2) No matter who the actor is, they're still working w/ the same three stooges - Ron, Frank and Brian - who have made OLTL such a creatively bankrupt show. He can suggest and/or dictate storyline as much as he wants. At the end of the day, though, he'll still have to work w/ shitty scripts that can sink even Robin Strasser on her best days.

• Members

Actually this makes me wonder if they're just kind of being generous, since I imagine he took a pay cut to go from GH to OLTL (I know he was last on GH 3 years ago so it's not like an immediate jump, but I'm sure the money must be less). If they let him say, "I helped create this character," then that could just mean he suggested a name, or the outline of a character type.

I can also see him giving them an idea if this is a short term story. They might even welcome the help in plotting.

If it's a long term character, then he might just have worked with them enough to come up with the basic outline. While I know he might just be another brooding, sociopathic character, it will help if the actor is committed to the work. Most of the show's current leading men, at least those under 50, tend to just read lunch menus in their head.

• Members

I can honestly say you are the first person to call me "optimistic" about anything regarding OLTL in YEARS. LMAO.

And regarding the rest, when it comes to ABC, I'm a bit of an anarchist. I say let the actors develop characters, let the makeup people do breakdown scripts and invite the homeless in to do improv because they have nothing left to lose. You and I loaded on Four Loko and PCP would probably be a more watchable couple than Rylee, Jolie or Jasam.

• Members

Maybe he'll be lucky and get to reach his full potential, like Rex (smirking idiot), Todd (dead-eyed letch/comatose bore), John (comatose bore), Clint (sociopathic schemer), Ford (long-suffering sleaze), James (mouthbreathing dunce stalker), Nate (boring, overaged), Brody (lying, sister-banging dunce), et al.

• Members

I really think it is a testament to the fascinating character he played that his most popular story was a dream sequence when he played a completely different character.

I just can't think of a single time as Lorenzo that he was even adequate. And I would never put him in JE, TG or RC's calibre. As Luis he was not terrible. Then again, in all fairness to him as Luis he was paired with Vanessa Marcil and Robin Christopher for the most part. As Lorenzo he was saddled with the dire Tamara Braun.

• Members

See that's not my favorite Alcazar scenes at all. I liked his showdowns with Sonny because TK made a far more believable Michael Corleone wannabe than MB did in those scene. TK was ice-cold, powerful and MB's come off pathetic and desperate for a long time now.

No argument on TB, she really was a pathetic Carly and way overpowered in that role.

Archived