The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't think it is. I feel like they genuinely did decide to try a new approach, especially since the second half of last season wasn't all that well-received.

I actually enjoyed this episode. The Daryl/Beth stuff was just OK (Daryl is becoming so naive), but I loved everything with Bob/Sasha/Maggie. Sasha is a great character and in most seasons would already be dead meat. If it took cost-cutting to get to see more of characters like this and less of The Governor, I'm not too sorry.

• Members

This week was better than last week and I feel it's because they spread the focus around.

I agree with you I really like Sasha and I actually like Bob too. I hope they stick around. And I am much more interested in seeing Maggie with these two right now than back with Glenn.

• Members

I found myself FFing a lot of this epsisode. Sasha is a drip, a wet blanket, a character who only says "no". It's boring, she's boring, what she says is boring. Someone says lets go left, she says right. It was an hour of that crap. Bob we got a little insight into and I loved the opening sequence of him on his own. That explains a lot about his POV without needing a speech to tell us.

As for Daryl and Beth, I didn't quite understand why Beth abandoned him. She didn't even look back and he was mere feet away from her car. Or was she taken? Now Daryl has new co-stars and it looks like more wannabe badasses. One thing I wish about the show is that there was more variety to the people they meet. These guys could be the guys Rick was hiding from in the house, and they all are cousins of the badasses who approached Rick and Hershel in the bar back in season two. You do need stock character types to fill out the show but it just always seems to be the same type and it is starting to become a little repetitive.

I guess part of my dissatisfaction with these last few weeks is I want the show to get back to Rick, Carl, and Michonne. Enough with Beth already, it's time she get killed off anyway and she can take Sasha with her.

Edited by quartermainefan

• Members

The show doesn't even try anymore.

Daryl and beth stuff was just weird and its looks like the writers have removed Daryl's brain.

beth needs to die EK is just to awful.

finally we got maggie's group and Some background on bob.

don't like the Sasha & bob hook up. both characters need solo development.

Carol back in week its about time. this is the big controversial episode everyone has been going on about

• Members

Once very briefly after the mid season break, and then its been Glen Glen Glen Glen Glen as she drags the others with her. I cannot stand what's become of Maggie. She's stupid and very self absorbed. I don't find her or Glen compelling at all, and I used to really like them as individuals and a couple.

• Members

I think each and every character could make a very good case for PTSD right about now. Maggie gets no special treatment. She is quickly going by the way of Lori and Andrea.

How convenient that she would get a psychological disorder because she's the only one turning many fans off.

• Members

I know what you're saying, but her father was just murdered in front of her. I think that she is in a different circumstance from most of the others at the moment. This is also her first real loss in a long time. She was in a bubble, because Hershel, Beth, and Glenn were safe. I'm not just saying it to excuse her - some of her behavior, like when she was at the bus, and the spacing out last night when she killed the walker to write a note in its blood, seemed like trauma to me.

To me she's different from Lori and Andrea because she's not being written to say or do insane things to advance the plot, but we can agree to disagree. I hope she isn't getting the reaction they got from fans, because I'm tired of this fandom beating women like a pinata.

Edited by DRW50