DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

IDK why numerous writers are obsessed with re visiting John/Hope.  No one likes the pairing.  And it's always lame.  John/Hope are married, so?  They are just going to get a divorce lol.  Multiple regimes toy with the pairing, but never have the balls to go there so it's just a big waste of time.

I don't think the Alamainia stuff was connected.  I am sure it was stupid, but I really do think Stefano was trying to hurt Marlena at the time, which is another weird thread writers go in and out on.   Sometimes Stefano is obsessed with Marlena, other times he's actively trying to harm her.   

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think, as we've said in the past, that the show knows Kristian is better in a darker, harder-edged role as an adult but has no idea how to functionally do that with Hope Brady, who they've pushed to turn into a saintly earth mother over the decades and will never deviate from. The John and Hope/Gina angle allows for them to play to her actual strengths, usually in the dumbest storylines possible lol. I also think Drake and Kristian have chemistry, but they've never been able to find a way palatable to the audience to pursue it. Hasn't stopped them from going to this well again and again, and always backing off.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I think they have chemistry, too.

I found it interesting initially to have Hope completely lose her [!@#$%^&*] after the trauma of Bo's death/Aiden's betrayal. The story of her being the one to shoot Stefano dead was interesting, but the execution was so, so bad (and such an obvious way to push her and Rafe inorganically) -- so instead of playing into the interesting darkness that KA has, it played up that awful, brittle side of her that Hope has yet to return from.

• Members

I thought the actual execution scenes with Stefano were pretty well done when I saw them, tbh. I always found it surprising that this twist was the point of no return for audiences and Corday for that writing team, because I thought Hope was fully justified in executing Stefano in cold blood given what he'd done to her and her family, 'heroine' or not. The cover-up aspect of the subsequent story might've been too far, but if you were going to fire Griffith and co. for anything (and they should've, definitely) it should have been for the despicable rape of Ciara by her foster brother on the Horton living room couch.

• Members

I think Drake/Kristian have okay chemistry.  I think Drake generally has chemistry with all his love interests tbh.  In 1997 when they had that jungle story together I was intrigued.   The ship has long sailed on any 3rd party love interest breaking up Marlena/John, but it's more annoying the show teases it then backs off.  Just do it or don't lol.

I think the cover up was the issue, not so much the act.  And the Rafe of it all lol. I personally wish Stefano died at John/Roman/Marlena's hands not Hope's.  While Stefano has messed with Hope a ton, the fitting end would be to let one of those three characters do it, preferably John.

• Members

I know JT's Roman is really a dark horse here, but he lost everything to Stefano.  I know John lost his memories, but he got the girl and a decent life.  Roman spent 7 years as a prisoner only to find out his whole family accepted and liked his replacement better.  That's rough.  And Carrie and Eric are fine, but 1 of his kids is Sami and that's an awful fate.  So I would give Roman the win on this one or maybe have John do it and Roman help cover it up.

• Members

Good grief, you learn something new every day. Now I wanna see all of the early 90's just to fill in the many obvious blanks (I didn't begin until 1995). I randomly saw an episode from 1994 on YouTube a few weeks back and was surprised to see Jocelyn Seagrave on the show, flirting it up with John Black. Did she only last a hot minute? 

• Members

Yes, Jocelyn Seagrave played Tanya.  It was after GL and it seemed like such a small role.  She briefly hooked up with John and I think they had sex.   I believe she was just a diversion from Kristen or to make Kristen jealous, but she didn't last long at all.  In fact, I think she just vanished one day after John dumps her.  It's so funny you mentioned that because my description of the character may be a little off, but I completely forget about her and see her in edits and always think why did JS have such a tiny role?  Was it supposed to be more?  Did she book other work at the time?  Is she objectively a little young for Drake/John? Lol such a random character.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

People razz Maggie so much these days but I've always liked Suzanne, and I remember when Maggie couldn't buy 3 minutes of airtime every 6 months. They put her with Victor and it worked and she flourished again. Stories since of course are all over the map, but I'll always love Maggie.

• Members

I can't stand Maggie.  But I appreciate the fact the show used her.  I think SR deserved that.  The Victor pairing was great at first.  I definitely like the fact the use her and her loyalty to the show, but it got a bit much.  She's not the same as Marlena and I think the show sort of fell into that theory lol.

• Members

I haven't liked the writing for Maggie in a long time but I'll always love Suzanne.  Maggie overall is still one of my top favorite characters since I started watching Days.  I still remember the summer Mickey showed up on Maggie's farm.

• Members

Yeah I think she only appeared in a short arc as Tanya Hampstead. Kristen ended her affair with John after learning he had been a priest and was adamant she wanted to make her marriage to Tony work. John was in denial about the whole priesthood thing and started dating Tanya for a short while but couldn't go through with sleeping with her and they parted on amicable terms after John admitted he was in love with a married woman. Then something happened (I'm not sure what) that made John want to be a priest for a while lol.

My guess would be that she likely would have just moved from New York to California post GL and took on the role for some quick cash, not intending to stay long term.