Soap Opera First Impressions

• Members

At the time it did annoy me but the music and the very focused performances from the actors, along with fantastic direction, helped make it work. Things were slow but were worth it because you knew the payoff was coming. The show also had a strong atmosphere. Now the show is just incredibly hollow and they manage to burn through tons of dialogue and story without saying anything at all.

I don't think it worked quite as well on B&B though. Sometimes I'd wonder if Ridge was on the verge of laughter as the camera went in for his meaningful glance.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I have it on tape somewhere, in some box, somewhere. Honestly, my Tape to DVD project hasn't been going well at all and I'll likely never have an opportunity to do everything.

And yes, it was before the signature cursive font. The last frame was of a bold white font with the camera panning the New England coast.

What a shame. I was really rooting for Passions to be a better and more intense version of DAYS. Oh well.

• Members

what got me hooked to said soaps..

AMC - Dixie. i saw her and i was hooked.Then watching her n Tad made me even more a fan [so as you may assume,i dont watch that nemore :D]

OLTL - Tea Delgado [Manning] :D - she is kick ass i just LOVE her FL is AMAZING. I could watch her forever..

GH - SJB as Claudia.I was obsessed with that character <3

ATWT - fan of Cady McClain so i followed her there..but Julie Pinson got me hooked,stayed with it til almosst the end... But the show was just a good show all around,i thought..tremendous cast.

PAST SOAPS

Port Charles: Eve Lambert-Thornhart - AGAIN, Julie Pinson, i just loved Eve,thought she was a great strong woman, who knew what she wanted, did nething to get it <3

• Members

AMC was the first soap I remember watching. I can't say there was any one story or character that sucked me in. I just remember folks like Donna, Chuck, Phoebe, Benny. I guess the later story of Cliff & Nina was my first big interest in a couple on the show.

OLTL - When I started watching, it was around the time Asa threw the big birthday bash for Samantha Vernon. I really enjoyed the Buchanans, especially Clint...and Viki, Jenny, Edwina, Tina. I remember Viki & Tina living in the gatehouse while Dorian lived in Llanfair and Viki being duped by Ted Clayton.

GH - I remember my 1st episode distinctly. It was the episode where Scotty came on board Frank Smith's yacht and punched out Luke, sending Luke overboard. I tuned in just in time to see what would become Luke & Laura's famous, on-the-run, left-handed boy story. Thought it all pretty exciting.

EON - I didn't see it until its last couple of years but I was most into Sky & Raven.

GL - I only started watching because Larkin Malloy joined. First impression was of the Lewises, Reva and John Bolger as Phillip. That's about it.

Loving & PC I watched at the beginning but not by the end.

DOOL - Steve was spying on Kayla in her apartment before they "met."

AW - don't remember exactly when I started watching but I do remember seeing the intro of Michael Hudson and that whole backstory. My mother used to watch it so I have some vague character memories from her viewing it before me.

RH - It was sometime after Mary's death because Jack was already widowed but I do remember crushing on Michael Levin and Richard Muenz as a kid. And I remembered Siobhan with very long hair (obviously Sarah Felder). Jillian and how beautiful she was. Seneca. Until the time I was able to watch it on SN, my memories were more of characters than stories. I remembered Jack as the sad widower devoted to Mary's memory and to his daughter so I was shocked to see what a huge jerk he had been.

Wow. And to think I don't watch any soap anymore.

Archived