Former GH Star To Y&R

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^ why would they want him? TR has been nothing but hateful towards GH for years now, and just like GF, DG and SBr, he chose to air his attitudes and whine in public. Not only was it déclassé, it probably didn't endear him to anyone at GH.

Besides, Mac is Robin's true "father", Robert only a sperm donor who was occasionally interested.

• Members

I hope they stop with the trashing of Jill it's annoying :angry: . Don't they realize that it sets a mood that carries over into the other scenes?

I realize Jill is not a favorite so I'm not betting on a pairing, but it's a possibility since it has to do with Cane. Colin (Tristan Rodgers) could be Cane's father. And Tristan exudes a warm gentlemanly charm (similar to that William Russ but with an Aussie touch)that would work best with Jess. I could see Colin and Jill living in that mansion together.........yes I realize I'm dreaming :wub: now, but I can enjoy my fantasy for at least a month.

• Members

I am also trying to remember what Sarah Brown said. I didn't think she said anything publicly.

Genie has made comments in print that I've taken exception with and I love her but still. She was sort of insulted that GH didn't ask her to stay on when she returned briefly in 2006. She apologized to fans for leaving the show back in 1982, I think trying to get fans to pressure the show at least that's how I read it. She also IMO indirectly criticized Greg Vaughan when JJ returned to the show, which honestly, she's no longer on GH so who cares. The last item IMO was particularly unclassy of her. I always thought better of her than that.

• Members

SJB basically said she had a very difficult time playing Claudia and the part wasn't what she'd been promised. I don't think that she was in the wrong to say these things because she really did have a hellish return.

On the one hand when actors criticize GH you feel like they are one-trick ponies, but then the damage done to a lot of the veteran characters is such that I can't blame the actors for being unhappy. Some stay quiet, but then, like Emma Samms, their only reward is a day or two return for even more character trashing.

I do hope that his fans understand what Y&R has become and that this is probably not going to be a great role. I keep thinking of how excited some fans were when Stephen Nichols went to Y&R.

• Members

Okay, as a refresher...

TR - for years he's insulted GH and it's inability to write, he's gotten into it quite openly with TPTB at the show too from what gossip has to say, and his blogs regularly put down almost everything on GH

GF - has been whining in the press for years that GH doesn't want her and for awhile every 3-6 months she'd do another press conference about why GH doesn't want her. She even did something at her husband's SciFi convention on the matter

DG - Drew Garret after he was 'fired' from GH went to anyone who'd have him talking about the mistake GH made and how he wasn't given a chance

SBr - took it to Twitter with a story outline that Claudia was going to go after Kristina and wasn't it horrible that GH was trying to kill children

None of these were professional moves by professional actors. These were all in the vein of Jerry Springer-esque manipulations. Personally I'd fire all of their asses too for such breaches of conduct.

• Members

It's not really unprofessional to speak about these things. None of these people owe any of these soaps loyalty and discretion, especially in light of the way all soap actors can get dumped at the drop of a hat with no loyalty shown to them. It doesn't lead to getting rehired though, but that is the show's right to not hire who they don't want to hire. It does seem unfair to them that they deserve to be fired for breaches of conduct, but they get fired anyway even if they don't breach conduct (as soap actors do every month)

It does get a little boring though. TR left General Hospital by his own choice and the show went its own direction. Same for Genie Francis. They may have been right to leave, but they still left. He will be an asset to Y&R I think, an asset to any show really he does.

• Members

Yeah I remember TR.

I knew GF did a lot of whining, but I didn't realize it was the extent of press conferences and whatnor!

Yeah I remembered Drew Garrett after I made my post, but I didn't feel like editing. He was just horrible all around. Horrible actor, annoying person.

I can understand SBr's bitching, but it was a little annoying.

I think there's definitelt a difference between the likes ofNLG joking about lack of airtime, and the full out whining and bitching that just gets annoying.

Thanks for the refresher :)

• Members

TG did some trashing too, but I guess that's okay and so did NLG. Anyway, I think if someone wants to speak about a past job he has the right to, especially when it come to GH, Guza, JFP and BF.

I really wish more people would speak up. On the other hand, I admire Jackie Zeman who was screwed by GH so bad and still she is so delightful, grateful and positive.

Archived