The View

YRBB

• Members

honey... "tranny" is the abbreviated word for "transgendered". It's only only innappropriate if it's used as an insult by a strsight person, neither of which applies here. I refuse to be strangled by politically correct dogma.

I'm talking about what Whoopi was saying prior to that exchange you posted.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

A lot of trans people also see it as an insult when it comes from gays...

As for Whoopi, I would agree with her about race, but as with many other topics, her view is tainted, given that she was fine with Ted Danson parading around in blackface.

• Members

Yes, and I wasn't talking about you. Let's see you berate Cher for calling Kathy Griffin a "bitch". Isn't that a term that is meant to denigrate women? BTW.... in case your'e dense.. when I said "family" Most gay people of my age refer to ALL other gay people as "family".

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

Hate may be hate but I don't think the comparison is the same. I personally get put off by someone comparing being black to being gay as though black gay people don't exist. I could go on...

Raising a black child is defintely not the same because now we're not even talking about first-hand experience. We're talking about either being saddened by a child's misery or someone's hateful stares or words that are still directed toward that child. Mothers can feel pain for their children but I don't believe the can feel their children's pain.

Instead of trying to discuss these things through a prism of being able to "know what it's like or what it may feel like," maybe people should figure out that being the subject of discrimination or being an outcast is awful. So now that we understand pain and suffering exists go forward with possible solutions.

I wholeheartedly agree that racism should be a topic open to everyone. A person does not have to have experienced any of another person's experiences to know that it was bad or awful. If I fall and scrape my knee, no one needs to tell me that he or she fell as well to be able to say too bad for me or get up and stop whining about it.

• Members

I was not bringing up gay people and saying Black people dont exist.

My cousin fosters a black girl and she had racism in her face and her home was vandilized and she got letters telling them hey N lovers leave the neighborhood. Is that not first hand experience

Also Gays have also been discriminated, murdered, hung, dragged by cars etc just like blacks. They are both horrid experiences but this my racism is worse than yours so I win [!@#$%^&*] has got to stop

Edited by John