YRBB

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The thing is, Rosie O'Donnell came in with a lot of conditions that ABC was happy to oblige: namely firing Bill Geddie and making the tone of the show more serious. Rosie O'Donnell specifically said: No Real Housewives. She didn't want another Elisabeth Hasselbeck, and ABC was on board with that. And I do agree with her, American television is dumb enough without a reality star on the panel.

The issue is, they maybe went a little too serious and the 4 woman panel doesn't work, they need a 5th and they need to be young and fun. Meghan McCain would have been absolutely ideal and but for her contractual obligations with a small start up network, I firmly believe she would have been hired. And who knows, maybe The View is waiting for her contract to run out so they can hire her?

Moving The View to ABC News is likely what quartermainefan suggests: to make the news demos more favourable.

Edited by DaytimeFan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

After the tears they cried for other famous people accused of horrific crimes, why is any producer letting them talk about Bill Cosby now? This isn't a news show. It's a cheap-jack daytime filler only known for women screaming at each other. I'm cringing at this, especially the undertone of how hard it is for them.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/watch-the-view-bill-cosby-rape-allegations

• Members

While I understand that Rosie O'Donnell was abused when she was young, so I take that into consideration when I say this. Her attitude on today's show was too OTT for me. She should realize that while these allegations have never been proven, had there been a case at the time he would have faced his accusers. Now, all these years later these people are coming out of the woodwork again. Did she ever think that maybe they were once again trying to get their 15 minutes of fame. People like that gawdawful Janice Dickinson creature who haven't been relevant for years are just jumping on the bandwagon. I don't know if he did it or not, but in this country, you are innocent until proven guilty. She's had people say things about her over the years. I like Rosie, but she was a little too judgmental for my taste today.

Shame about Mike Nichols. He did a lot of great projects over the years.

• Members

Even though evidence is only they said/he said I love the openess of discussion here and they should be allowed to discuss this.

I think Rosie O was great. She was basically where there is smoke there is fire and just because Cosby cannot be jailed for this anymore doesnt mean it should be kept quiet.

I did like Rosie P talking about how Social Media has already convicted him without evidence

Nicolle was good too because she was honest & said I need more info

Its Whoppi who bugged me. Im sorry but Cosby is not even the same as Paula Dean saying the N word or Tiger woods having consenual affairs

Although not surprised, Whoop doesnt belive Roman Polanski did anything wrong with that 13 year old girl decades ago

Edited by John