AMC Tuesday 10/12/10

• Members

I actually liked SOME of the Zarf stuff, I will admit very reluctantly. I had no idea why they decided the transgender should be rock star Zarf in the first place, and brought him back 6 months later (except that the actor was known for playing gender ambiguous roles on stage I guess)but I liked some of the scenes of him coming out to his mom, and the episodes with him talking to a real transgender support group. But that was it--and forcing on the Bianca/Zarf pairing (even if it was partly done to easily write Bianca's exit--since Eden wanted out...again...--and get rid of Zarf) was just :rolleyes:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was a joke, a mockery to what Bianca's character was to the gay community. ER's emmy material was with Lena and Maggie/Frankie Stone. That was more impactful than Zarf, ugh! nothing against the actor it's just the material, then we interloped it w/ Babe and Fusion nonsense and yoga carpets, that was emmy material really? I think his coming out to his mom was, but that was some of the weakest material ER got.

Her RL w/ Reese was more emmy worthy. Her rape SL that was emmy worthy, still is one of the most amazing materials that ER ever had written for her. Her coming out to Erica, that was emmy worthy, the Zarf factor was just a joke, McTavish's idea nontheless.

• Members
That is the impression we were given when baby and baby moma showed up but later Natalia and Brot were together... I think this was when Natalia was trying to track down escapee Kendal... Natalia was looking at a map and she said something alone the lines of knowing how to read one because they moved from place to place whenever Jesse thought he saw a shadow over his shoulder... her comment popped out at me because I thought they were in Denver or where ever for all that time.

This would have been much better than her insinuating that it was Jesse and Angie's fault that her mother got worse... from her own lips she knew the deal with her parents and that, not the fact that Jesse left (and now I guess we are to believe he left his mistress to return to his wife) and that broke her mother's heart thus she got even sicker... also she should have trust issues with men because of the way Jesse treated her. If her own father could cast her aside like he did, what does she think some guy might do to her.

ETA: And I'll add she can easily have trust issues period because her own mother threw her under the bus as well when she had no problem with how Jesse treated her and then even chastised her for causing pain for Jesse's family because she, a freaking teenager, came to town looking for her dad's help.

• Members

That's my point. Making Natalia a lesbian would simply throw her on the trash heap of bad ideas while destroying the character all in the name of a plot point made to service people with a limited vision of womanhood. And BTW I didn't think it was Emmy worthy. I thought it was garbage.

• Members
Caleb seems like a realtively reasonable man and didnt come to town hating or think one way or the other for JR. His actions and attitudes since has however given him a reason to dislike JR independent of his past with Adam.

If you feel JR was motivated by his love and concern for his cousin bc he genuinly cares for him, more power to you. Again we are talking in circles. Agree to disagree

• Members

Well, considering Uncle Rob was hot on Jesse's trail in 2008, I never thought otherwise. If people are looking for you and you know it, it's kinda dumb to stay in the same exact spot for 20 years straight.

Jesse left when she was fully grown and out of high school. I would understand if this happened when she was five or six and had to spend her childhood seeing the effects of what her father's abandonment had done to, not only her, but her mother as well (see: Erica Kane). But your father leaves at 19 years old, and you're beyond old enough to understand why... and all of a sudden you develop trust issues?

And what, exactly, has making Natalia straight done for the character?

• Members
I don't think her trust issues would have developed all of a sudden when Jesse left after 19 years... her mother told Jesse that she never really trusted Jesse because she always expected him to leave... then the fact that he never bothered to tell his wife and son she existed and even told her to get out of town before they discovered who she was had to have affected her... this is her father and she wasn't important enough for him to tell Angie and Frankie about her and include her in the family the way Angie's child was included... then he couldn't be bothered with helping her and kept her hidden like a dirty little secret because her existence would jepordize his standing with his wife and son... that's gotta hurt and no child deserves that kind of treatment from a parent and its reasonable to think a child would be scarred by it.

• Members

It's kept her a character in her own right and her options open. If she beomes a lesbian then she's stops being Natalia and becomes Bianca's girlfriend which, as I've said, is the equivalent of killing her off. The moment Natalia becomes gay, its a six month countdown before she's gone. Plus, again maybe I'm some kind of radical feminist but I continue to hope that maybe, just maybe, there's room for a straight woman on the show who doesn't act like a co-dependent teenager. Madison was doing okay there for a while but now she's a dingbat who sole desire is to cook for her man. Of course back when Madison was showing some backbone, people wanted her to be a lesbian too.

I'm sorry but this is ABC. I know how they treat women and black women especially. Every minute SK is on screen is a freaking miracle. Let somebody else step into the crosshairs of being AMC's Lesbian Prop. I'm sure there's some nice ATWT reject who'd love a steady gig for a couple of months.

Archived