AMC Tuesday 10/12/10

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow great episode, much better than yesterday's. The Angie/Natalia scenes were the highlight, finally Natalia opened up....glad to get some insight into why she's been resisting a more serious relationship with Brot. Loved the Brot/Natalia scenes at the police station, they work well together. I would love to see these two become more, but I don't see AMC really doing it with them...we'll just keep getting these little baby scraps with them like twice a month. But I would love to be wrong about that...

Bianca is the only lesbian/gay character in soaps right now, and I wish AMC would embrace that. Unfortunately, they seem to be ignoring it. It really annoys me that Reese still has yet to come back from Paris to sort things out with Bianca. I mean WTH is she doing? Can the writer's at least explain? Reese loved Gabby and Miranda and I just don't buy that she'd just live with not seeing them for this long. AMC needs to either bring her back or kill her off, this should be what they're doing with Bianca right now. Sorting out her relationship with Reese.

Loved Caleb and Jackson's conversation and how they patched things up with each other. I didn't realize these two had something in common regarding their children. Jackson didn't meet Greenlee until she was an adult, and Caleb has already met his son as an adult, he just doesn't know it yet. lol.

• Members

In fact I think it's more common, if anything. I think this turn is fairly realistic, she holds herself to too much responsibility and sees falling in love as leaving herself vulnerable.

I do think it was a good episode, and I also agree that we need to address Bianca's love life now (we had a brief conversation way back with Kendall about something being wrong--that I can barely remember, and then she teared up and avoided the subject recently with Erica). However, I'm kinda ok with this for now. Obviously they haven't completely forgotten about the Reese issue and I think (I hope) they address it soon when they're done with all the Greenlee/Kendall drama (which I hope is not too long, as I'd find Bianca drama more interesting). If they can't bring Reece back (and I'm not attached enough to her to care one way or another), I'd like it best if in classic soap fashion she found herself with another woman and that really led to her addressing the issue.

• Members

No, him being smug is why Caleb is so passionate about taking him down. Scott is not crazy and JR knows that. He doesnt care about his mental state. JR is an a-hole. Its who he is. He's not being genuinely nice here acting for the beneefit of Scott. Anyways, we're talking in circles so lets agree to disagree till another day

Technically she is 20/21 and its not unheard of for someone that age to never have a boyfriend. Im not sure they will make her a lesbian bc they barely do anything with Bianca on that front. I definetly think its being kept open though as she seems very uncomfortable wtih Brot. She could be confused or just going there bc of the pressure she's been getting from people.

• Members

I hope so!

Exactly! Scott took full responsibility for what he'd done, which so rarely happens on soaps anymore.

I loved Angie & Natalia's conversation. Natalia clearly needs to work on her issues and imo she doesn't give off the supposed "lesbian vibe" I keep reading about on this board.

ICAM! Natalia & Brot haven't really been given a chance and I'd hate for the writers to waste them by suddenly turning her gay and sticking her on the backburner with Bianca. Let's face it, if Bianca had a real girlfriend who wasn't just short term like Reese, she'd end up like Lena did.

• Members

Oh haha, I apologize then. No, I completely agree--if anything it's a bit refreshing to have a soap character who's relatively mature and confident who hasn't had a great romantic past, something fairly unheard of in the world of soaps (where, if they haven't, then there's something like a history of abuse standing in the way for a man to help "cure").

• Members

Because I've seen what happens to Bianca's love interests. "Interracial, lesbian, Natalia figuring out she is gay..." What network are you watching? SK is a beautiful, talented black woman who has been languishing on the backburner for years while Bianca's love life has never been her own. It's been a tool for angst for other characters. Even her "groundbeaking" wedding was just spank bait for Frons and a prop for the majesty of Zendall/Rylee. Her uterus was home to Zach Slater's spawn and her wife was sucking Zach's face the night before which was almost as surreal as Bianca agreeing to share her wedding day with the woman who used to call her "Lesbianca."

The fact that Natalia is still such a blank slate after all these years shows how little commitment they have to her and have ever had to her. Turning Natalia gay won't get SK Emmy worthy material. It won't get her any material at all. It'll just be a plot point that'll get her a one-way ticket into the mass grave with Rain, Lena, Maggie, Zarf and Reese. (Did I miss anyone? Does it matter?) Why WOULD you want that for her?

I won't even get into the concept that the only woman on the show who doesn't clickety-clack her way around Pine Valley in stilettos and spaghetti straps and doesn't make goo-goo eyes at Ryan Lavery simply MUST be a lesbian.

Archived