September 27 - October 1, 2010

Toups

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

People do need work. OLTL is still going to be under budget. Roger is not going to OLTL it hasn't been confirmed it was just a rumor. I do agree that Maura isn't fit to play Diane but she is doing great in the role even though she is miscast. I wish they would of found a different role for Maura but she is doing a great job as Diane. It's like Liza on AMC she had blonde hair and was in her late 40's early 50's and when she was recasted a few years ago she turned into a red head and was deaged to her 30's and alot of people accept her in the role. I could be wrong about Liza's age anyone that watches AMC alot could answer it right.

• Members

If you take out all MW's maternity leaves is that still the case? LOL I've never read anything negative about MW. I remember when SoapNet did an ATWT special KH was worried when she found out that Scott was involved with MW in real-life (because Carly was a schemer and KH she thought of him as her "son"), she talked about what a lovely woman MW and just gushed about her, which brought MW to tears. I thought that spoke volumes.

• Members

Do you take any of these interviews or 'specials' as sincere or real--these are ACTORS pimping their show. Generally, the actors are basically reading a script. I doubt Maura was so touched at that very moment that she just had to cry LoL! I'm sure KH resented the hell out of the young girl who stole her spot lights. Sometimes I think viewers have a difficult time telling the difference between actors and characters. If ATWT was such a big happy family, why did Maura leave early and tape her final scenes months in advance? Within one month, EB will make some Sony-written statement regaring Maura's skill and it will land in the soap press. Will you believe that, too?

• Members

Why do you always have to be negative about Maura. Every show has a character they use almost everyday of the week why do you have to be like that to just Maura. Sonny and Jason are GH, Victor and Jack are Y&R, Brooke and Stephanie are B&B, Greenlee and Kendall are AMC, Carly and Jack were ATWT, Josh and Reva were GL. I'm not sure about OLTL and DAYS. But it's not only Maura everyone one of these people I said have had alot of air-time and the show was about them more than alot of other people. Most of these people have kept these shows alive. Maura had less air-time then alot of these characters. She is a great actress and got hired to do her job. I don't think she was Goutman's favorite. He even said that Terri Conn was his pet.

• Members

Maura did not tape her last scenes in advance. That's simply not true. She was seen by fans outside the studio that day as well as some that were inside for the final taping. There are photos of her on the set on June 23 as well as leaving the studio. She did not leave early. Some of us sent her flowers that final day and received an email. How could she have responded if she wasn't there?

• Members

Thank you WorldTurner ;) He doesn't even know what he is talking about :rolleyes: He said that ATWT viewers were going to start watching OLTL when ATWT went off the air did they no they didn't. I am watching OLTL but that was before ATWT got canceled :( Now he is saying that she was not on set with everyone the last week. I don't believe that. The only way she wouldn't be on set is if the show was done with her character and they weren't. I miss ATWT alot and i'm glad Maura is on Y&R cause she is a great actress and any show would want that talent.

• Members

Why would Kathryn Hays care about MW's airtime? She had seen dozens of "young girls" churn through ATWT and one of them is multiple Oscar-nominated actress, who shared a ton of screentime with her. If people disliked MW, she wouldn't have shared such a personal story, but, honestly, I don't care if it was real or not. Too bad it's not available, so people could judge for themselves.

• Members

She did leave early, at least that's what she told Michael Fairman in the last interview that he conducted with her. She said that it's something that she regrets, because she'll never get that moment back. I believe she said that she left early because her family was leaving to go to LA.

And I don't care how popular she was, it's stupid for any soap to have 75% or more of their show revolve around one character. ATWT wasn't the only show guilty of this, the combination of too much Kendall, Zach and Ryan has been killing AMC for years. It's bad enough when one or two characters are dominating a show when they actually have a storyline, but a lot of Carly and Jack's episodes this past year were pointless. When the year started they didn't even have a story, but those two along with Dusty and Janet were usually shown three to four episodes a week, while other characters were relegated to only once a week. Carly and Jack had an episode where they were on screen for twenty five minutes, and while their scenes were sweet, they didn't lead anywhere. It's crap like that that makes people tune out. It's hard for people to get invested in the other storylines because they are only shown once a week, and people wind up resenting the one to four characters who are hogging up the airtime.

Archived