Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Webmaster

The article is from 2021. I haven't been following the case, but I know Martha has said on social media that a lot of media reports, more recent ones, have been inaccurate in their reporting on the matter. This is one area I'm unfamiliar with since I haven't followed the overall case.

• Members

Yep, I haven’t seen much detail about the case, but someone posted that article on Twitter today and I didn’t realize those charges are a few years old now, but the actual trial is happening soon it seems.

I also didn’t realize Martha had been making the rounds on far-right trash media outlets in an attempt to clear her husband’s name either. 

• Members

I was also a little put off by Martha's appearance on NewsMax (besides being crazy-partisan, they are so unprofessional they couldn't even spell her last name correctly.)  But I imagine that NewsMax may have been the only media outlet that was willing to have her on (or maybe she had some sort of contact over there?). While it's a big news story to ATWT fans, the rest of the world may not be interested in what seems like a complicated case.  And -- again -- while past soap actors are important to us, the rest of the world may no longer even remember who she is.  However, given the frightening situation which has happened to her husband/family, I'm willing to give her a pass on this appearance.  Everything I've seen from Martha over the years indicates that she is loving, inclusive and open-minded. 

• Members

I've followed it somewhat, but basically to me - to boil it down.  They're prosecuting him for kind of - not following the money that was paying him.  He was hired to do a job as a private investigator.  But someone paid someone who paid someone who paid him for doing a job.  And it went back to some Chinese money for surveillance that was detrimental to national security.  The accusation is something like that.  But, to me, you're hired to do a job and only care if you get paid.  He didn't break any laws in doing whatever he did - the things you do as a Private Investigator.  So it's really a crappy situation.  There are a ton of ins-outs and details but - it is something like the money paying him was dirty, and how would you even know?  

My guess - probably a Newsmax appearance because - that crowd will really warm up and take to 'overreach' by government types of topics and conspiracy theories.  

• Members

Well, in doing more digging, she also seems to have aligned herself with a right-wing owned non-profit (Pipe Hitter Foundation) who claims their purpose is to defend rights of people in uniform. That could explain why she’s appeared in media outlets like Newsmax. Also, in looking at the “politicians” she follows on Instagram, it seems like they line up with her own political beliefs, but that’s neither here nor there I guess and doesn’t seem like she’s been very public with her support for the political ideology she may be supporting in her private life. 

Pipe Hitter Foundation posted this video from Martha today on Instagram and asked for $20K more of donations to help fight the case…

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CrTP9C4opGl/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edited by BetterForgotten