Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

People just be writing whatever they want in Wikipedia at times, lol. Some of the entries that make it in that site are insane!

A different time, I guess.

TBH, you won't really find photos of Finn Carter and Steven Weber together online either.

This is the closest you're likely to get, lol.

• Members

Actually, I strangely remember this happening (my ability to store soap trivia is near savant level). I can't remember the exact year but I remember there had been some big disaster in Haiti in real life that was all over the news. It was either a hurricane or an earthquake or something. At that time, it was very briefly mentioned only once that Frannie and Sabrina had gone to Haiti from Montega to assist in the relief efforts. I think Bob and Kim were talking about it. Probably at Thanksgiving or Christmas when they explain the absence of family members.  It stood out so in my mind because it was so random. Frannie and Sabrina hadn't been mentioned in years. There was only that one mention of it. Maybe two mentions. But that was it. 

Actually, I looked at Haiti's natural disasters and they had a massive earthquake in January 2010 which killed up to 316,000 people so that was probably it since that's huge. I think that was it. They might have mentioned Frannie and Sabrina so randomly because Julianne Moore was planning on coming back that April for her guest appearance. They usually start mentioning an old character if they're planning on coming back. The timeline would be right. 

Edited by Bill Bauer

• Members

I think Bob gives a speech in the last Thanksgiving episode the show did which mentions his kids - I don't remember if Haiti is mentioned there though. I do think they mentioned something about it before Frannie returned. 

I think Steve/Iva would have gone further as a story, if Frank Runyeon hadn't had such a clash with them and been on his way out. The others I don't think were meant to be long-term. 

Frost plays Betsy in a softer/more passive manner in what is available of her 1984 and  early 1985 work. She gradually becomes tougher, and becomes friends with Craig, which viewers never would have accepted with Meg Ryan still  in the part. 

• Members

Hey DD,

Yeah, I mentioned it was probably a Thanksgiving or Christmas episode because that's when they usually mentioned missing family members. However, since the Haitian earthquake was in January 2010, Julianne Moore returned in April 2010 and the show was off the air in September 2010, I think the Haiti mention was probably sometime in February or March (since ATWT taped in advance). If all the February and March 2010 episodes are up on YouTube, and you have the patience to go through them, you'll probably find the mention in there somewhere. I would just skip to all the Hughes scenes though. I'm sure it was Bob or Kim who mentioned it. Now, I'm not 100% sure of this so please don't get mad at me if you sift through all those episodes and it's not there. 

Please register in order to view this content

I'm currently going through the entire series but I'm only up to 1999 so it might take me a while to get there. But, when I do, and I hear the reference, I'll let you know. Although by the time I get there both you and I will have forgotten about this I'm sure.  

• Members

I don't know where you got that from, but I do know that she allegedly had been willing to do at least a few more mins onscreen until allegedly a certain someone then wrote her into multiple shows and her management freaked.

• Members

Maybe it's me and my suspicious nature, but sometimes it feels as if some folks have a stake in vigorously protecting the P&G brand, as if it's their job.  What have they actually done to inspire such unflagging loyalty? They couldn't even drop a few seasons worth of classic episodes in decent digital visual quality.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I appreciate you taking the time to respond but I have to be honest, I'm not going to sift through that, as it's the era that I despise the most. That would be akin to torture for me. No biggie, I was only mildly curious anyway. Thanks, but no thanks.