As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

And we were getting a great Patricia Bruder behind the scenes story of her surprised they were going with a 20 something screwing a 16 year old... and Alan comes in and tells us who she is on the show..we know Alan, and Melanie just told us but it stopped the flow...he did that in the Eileen Fulton part where it was just them talking about her and it was cool and natural and he inserts himself.  He must be a real pain in the ass at a party. Ohh..oh, remember I am here!!!

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

His lack of perception, lack of historical knowledge, and lack of interviewing skills grates on my nerves. How did he ever get and keep a job at P&G?

(I realize that I should not even be asking this question about a company that kept MADD, Goutman, Wheeler, etc., employed.

Please register in order to view this content

)

• Members

I think he'd like to think he's one of the stars and that people are interested in his stories. You are right in that he kills the flow of interesting conversation and revelation by interjecting irrelevant stories about himself. When he does that, people immediately clam up and there's an awkward silence. 

• Members

I wonder if he interjects on purpose or he's one of those people that can't read a room?  If there is silence, I can see him interjecting...but a lot of the time..he will do it when the conversation is flowing.

Thank gosh Colleen came in..and took over asking questions because it seemed to be more natural for her to ask them because she knew all three well.  And losing a child and going through a divorce...I think these reunions have been a godsend for Colleen...so I welcome her coming on and talking a lot.

Jan. 18, 1989 Episode. The sounds of terrific and wind. The seasons of the year not being ignored. Homophobia and HIV/ AIDS being addressed. A montage with music.  An intricate umbrella story.  It's just sad how an almost 32 year old episode. Is engrossing and progressive. And what we have now. Is dry, boring, flavorless and played out #$@&%*! 

Edited by victoria foxton