As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

93 was just awful IMO from recast Mindy to boring Jocelyn Seagrave...The show was so dull that year. 89-91 was good but still not vintage GL.

This episode was brilliant. Robert Calhoun had just begun as EP.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That annoying girlfriend of Andy..etc.

I always wanted Sabrina to be more like Dinah on GL (without Moniz playing her and without the constant whining.) The Hughes needed someone besides Babs in their circle who was not content, polite and upstanding (the show missed out during the Dobson years of not having a strong Hughes family and having them having to deal with Colin's pushy, loud Margo and her annoying father, by the time the Hughes were repaired Margo had assimilated into the family. I was really good with them recasting Sabrina as that twin crap was so cliche and beneath Marland.  A more conflicted Sabrina bouncing up against the family standards would make soapy fun. 

That Indian character boarder of Lyla's SCREAMED "Socially Relevant Plot Character shoe horned in to the show."

GL crashed as soon as Curlee and Demorest left and JFP had a free hand. Making it the Buzz show was just the first step in killing the show. Before that, the show was perfect soap. More free wheeling, funny, sarcastic, and big hearted  and sexy then Marland's ATWT came at this time.

Edited by Mitch

• Members

@Mitch Courtney  played by Hayley Barr....I hated her too..lol

Sabrina was boring and her and Seth were coma inducing 

The reason the story of finding her was huge ratings success was it involved Bob and Kim and had most of the cast involved afterwards.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

It was a great story and use of history...too bad Sabrina was a total Marland dullard! Clips of her and Seth were most likely used to put people under before surgery!  If anyone could make Frannie look like a free spirited vixen it was her sister!

Oddly enough on Datalounge Seth is quite the fantasy stud to some posters!

• Members

I liked all the Frannies from Helene Udy onward. The thing I LOVE about Julianne is just so down to earth non snobby she is and the love she has for ATWT, Kathryn & Don. She did that episode in 2010 so she could work with them again

Edited by John

• Members

I've met Julianne very briefly == after her stardom came.  She's like that in real life.  Absolutely un-assuming, down-to-earth and friendly.  I know her return appearance near the end meant a lot to the cast and of course the fans...

Scotty D. had sweet things to say about her in his Locher Room appearance.

• Members

Julianne Moore will always have my heart -- not just because she is a FABULOUS actress, but because she has never appeared to be ashamed about her daytime past.  In an interview she gave to SOD years ago, long after she'd left the show and become Julianne Moore, she talked about how it irritated her to hear/read people say that a job on a soap is a "stepping stone" toward "real" work.  It isn't a stepping stone toward a job, she said, it's a job, period.  I love her for that.

• Members

Not to turn this into a Moore fawning thread but I respect her a great deal. Talent aside, she's simply good people.  I remember last year when she was in the Bronx with other mothers protesting gun violence against people/children of color. Not many people would've committed hours of their time in NYC's poorest borough. There were no other celebrities there, so it wasn't like a big media event or anything.

Like @Khan said though, she's a fabulous actress and for me, she was one of my favorites on ATWT.

• Members

Enjoyed the Locher Room reunion w/ Maggie and Michael today...

Alan allowed them to talk about their ATWT co-stars and took questions /comments from fans about specific actors.  

Discussed were:  Doug Marland, Robert Calhoun, Anthony Herrera, Farley Granger, Eileen Fulton, Tamara Tunie, Colleen Zenk, Julianne Moore, Sloane Shelton, Ashley Crow, Benjamin Hendrickson.

And MS even spoke about his B&B co-star Darlene Conley -- apparently they were good buddies.