Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Roger any chance of a Barbara Ryan collection? I want one of her best episodes and then one of her with various love interests, I only started watching ATWT in 2004 so I'm not familar with her and Gunnar or her and James, or her and Tom and so on

I also would looooovveee a Henry Coleman collection, he's my favorite character on soaps ever

Edited by dragonflies

• Members

Some of those episodes could be DVDs of their own - the plan crash where James died is followed up by everyone left on the plane crashing. I think I was in school pre-VCR then so hadn't seen some of those. The entire Spain location shoot could be its own DVD. I really love this one.

I would love to do Barbara Ryan collection. She had 9 successful wedding along and that doesn't count the interrupted one, plus all her work with animals (bear, bull, etc). LOL Hopefully someday.

• Members

Yes they did. I stopped watching ATWT at the end of 2004 because my grandmother had watched since day 1 and she died at the end of 2004. When I read the episodes were starting online with 2005 I was glad because I could get a chance at watching the episodes that I had never seen.

I am assuming the episode is either missing or some other thing is holding the episode back from being released online.

Thanks for getting back to me Roger.

• Members

When I was watching shows for this DVD I found an old Deas-Colin episode where Tom shows up at Margo's and she's about to go jogging. He wants to go with her but as to wear one of her sweatshirts so she gives him a Wonder Woman shirt to wear. They were so much fun. Gregg kepts a lot of that fun as Tom. I guess Scott did too at first but Tom and Margo weren't written for the last several years (Ellen talks about that in our most recent interview, not enjoying playing her at the end).

The free episode is the Friday before the Monday one on the disc from Nov. 1987

http://soapclassics.com/index.php/free-online-episode.html

• Members

The Tom/Margo souring always bothers me. It's one of the reasons I lost interest in ATWT. By the late 90's all they did was cry, scream, and have breakdowns. Then they just showed up in the last decade to be disapproving and shouty.

I can see where the characters became unplayable.

Marx and HBS had a lot of tears and breakdowns while in the roles, but ATWT still remembered to give some humor and warmth. Sadly, no one in ATWT's last 10-15 years gave a damn.

• Members

I wouldn't blame the last 10 to 15 entirely on the souring of T & M. I would first attribute that to Marland, who never wrote comedy well, even light comedy, which was T & M's thing, and I would blame the casting of both Holmes and Dolan, neither one who were good at comedy or warmth.

I liked Deas as Tom, actually thought he was sexy (which is weird to me as all I can think of is Deas as total turn off Buzz Cooper) and the first Margo, but when I watched their scenes now they were totally over the top and their comedy was a bit loud (as they were) and forced. To top it off they were part of the era that obscured the Hughes family so they never felt connected to them (did Deas ever have scene with Hastings or Fulton or Wagner???) I thought both HBS and Marx brought T & M down to earth but still kept the fun and comedy, and of course Marland intergrated them into the Hughes family (could never have seen the first Margo having scenes in Kim's kitchen or calling Wagner "Gram,") I guess Deas and Colin just seem so harsh but that was the era of ATWT.

Holmes and Dolan with Marland writing them, lost all the humor and fun. I know I am alone but I hated the rape and HIV storyline ..wrong character to give it to, totally took the fun out Margo forever (as it would in real life) I was also at the point of wanting to never have to see another woman on a soap raped..even if it was done as realistically as they did it. To add to the downer storylines, Holmes and Dolan both have a propensity to be dour and sour (not to mention they lost al the sexual chemistry the other incarnations had.)

But yes, Marx was the sexiest best Tom, that chest, that voice that height!! They should have done everything they could to keep him in place.

• Members

Mitch, he still looks sexy! I don't know about Dolan, when I was early Ed and Maureen on GL with Dolan in the role she reminds me of the fun, adventurous Margo on ATWT. And when I've seen her do plays, she has great comedic timing. Wait till you see her on Empire this season. Really awesome. I'm trying to think what Tom and Margo even had to do the last several years other than her being a cop.

And yes, when I watch back Deas on ATWT he was still very sexy then.

Edited by RogerNewcomb