ATWT: September 2010 Discussion Thread

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I LOVED today's show. Damn the bastards who've ruined ATWT, or the changing times that mean soap operas are no longer "profitable" and "deserving" network airtime. Or both. I'm just still so pissed this iconic piece of television history is "passing away". The snarky naysayers can say what they want---ATWT was the gold standard by which all other shows were measured. GL may have technically been the longest running serial, but ATWT has a special legacy all it's own. It's too bad some of that has been overshadowed by GL's cancellation last year.

God Bless John Dixon for being smart enough to put the wheels in motion that will free Jack from that hyena's clutches forEVER.

• Members

Preach it PJ!!

I watched 3 episodes today Sept 1, 2 and 3 shows. I got to say the whole week was such a delight to see with all the vets on. Nancy's memorial sucked.....Reid ....oh dear gawd ...the ending to Friday's cliffhanger....was so hard to watch Reid getting hit by that train...teared...damn.....drama that made me forget ESS is really alive and just his character is going die....tear.......The Chris story sucks because its all about Katie and this hot romance she has with Chris....really....when...and how ....gawd...pisses me off to end......but the acting by Hays, Hastings, Zenk, Bryggman and ESS was outstanding!! Reid being Reid and causing his own demise....UGH....hate the writers for killing him instead of Noah......Chris could have gotten Noah's heart. Both are boring as nails to watch on screen.

What I am saying is that the storylines still stink propping saint Katie who needs a man and has this great love......F U C K NO.......

But the acting and resurgence of the vets has been great to see!!

Now I am 5 episodes behind.

I forgot to add Tom and Margo too...of course they are the vets...lol...nice to see family rally around Chris.

• Members

So I teared up on Friday's show when the train was bareling after Reid......just watched Tuesday's and Wednesday's show and totally lost it....started crying. It has been a long time since I cried over a character/death not even Jennifer's death made me cry. I felt sorrow for the families but didnt tear up. The Reid death totally moved me. It sucks that it felt like it was rushed. I still hate they killed Reid off and left Noah alive....I'd rather had either Katie or Noah died. Can you imagine Luke and Reid raising Katie's baby as a couple?? I could have lived with Chris dying too. He is a newbie and they havent known what to do the with the Chris character for ages.

• Administrator

Did anyone keep track of the episode directors/script writers since August 25? The person who I usually get the info from has been MIA. If nobody knows, can someone just post, in this thread, the episode director/SW from today's episode until the last. Thanks!

• Members

Julie Pinson is just AWFUL, I'll never understand how she won an emmy. She's the Natalia Livingston of the Emmy's. I swear those noises Janet was making sounded like the noises a cat makes when it's tail gets caught in a screen door :blink:

Toups what names do you need? The ones listed right at the beginning?

• Members

For 8/26:

Director: Jennfier Pepperman

Writers:

Josh Griffith

David Smilow

Penelope Koechl

Those were the last 3 listed before it went to the Supervising producer credit

8/27

Directed by Ellen Wheeler

David Smilow

Penelope Koechl