ATWT: September 2010 Discussion Thread

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm going to tell myself that Nick Hudson is the chief of police and also an underwear model. And Donna is his deputy...

I wish they'd actually had someone from AW but I guess this was less odd and random than Buzz Cooper running around New York talking about how he loved Jack and Carly.

• Members

Badly done by ATWT, worse than even I expected. It felt rushed and tacked on for the drama. The Hughes and John fighting over Reid's heart was repellent. I wasn't impressed by Bob's speech about laying down one's life for a friend because Reid and Chris weren't friends. The writers never made the effort to make them friends. Reid didn't lay down his life for anyone. I still don't get why we were expected to feel anything for the "10th" Chris recast, especially since if he wasn't so stupid he wouldn't need a heart. I agree that Van Hansis was not good. ESS should have been given more deathbed dialogue. He would have done a better job than Hansis. Just pathetic. A just end to ATWT.

• Members

Was Nick on the fast track to a career as a lawman? I remember him being kind of a badass, riding into town on his motorcycle. I gave up the show probably around the time Nick II (Kevin McClatchy) left, and I can't remember much besides his being at the hospital when Michael was sick.

• Members

What purpose would that have served?

Unlike most of you, I like Luke and Van Hansis. I just cried and cried. Sure, it could've been written better, but then it wouldn't be this storyline, on this program, and I might not have seen it somewhere else. I'm really more excited about the prospect of being daytime-free again, for only the second time in 22 years.

And no matter what else, at least Carly wasn't on.

• Members

I am still on Wednesday's show.....

I hope he submits himself. I know he thought Van should win but I think he is the better actor.

That would have been better and involved Lisa. Bob losing one son but keeping one alive. Margo dealing with the loss. Of course Goutman and Pissy have no imagination whatsoever! I like your idea Carl.

Pretty much...they have been less of a couple than Lure but we cant have Katie alone again...God forbid! This Chris did nothing for me. What a waste!

• Members

I also thought Van did a great job, wasn't too melodramatic as he tends to be sometimes. I was moved and since I was a Reid/Lure fan it did get to me. Ess as an almost dead guy acted better then most of the cast today.

The Hughes didn't seem to get that a man just lost the man he loved, they couldnt wait to get Reid's heart, just seemed insensitive to me. Tom was the worst of the bunch. Luke with friends like Casey and ALison wth needs enemies.

The actors rose above the crappy writing today, cant wait till this show is over. I hope I get the chance to see ESS again, what a find he's been. And yeah atwt botched lure like they did oh just about everything but I still rather have them then to have to deal with another sec of Nuke. At least that saves me from having to gag thru a reunion.

• Members

I wouldn't watch a show in which the gay couple (of friends) were the only people not having sex. That would piss me off a whole lot more than this ending, which, incidentally, isn't what I think we'd be watching if the show hadn't been canceled.

Eunuchs: not a happy story for me.

Archived