ATWT: September 2010 Discussion Thread

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So now Nancy's death is all about Katie....ugh....wtf???

And if they were going to give Chris this storyline....why not hire one of the previous Chris's that we know and love instead of a newbie we could care less about....and which had no flashbacks scenes with Nancy...since he is a newbie.....sigh

• Members

I wasn't watching much during the multi-Chris era (the last time I watched ATWT regularly, he was a kid who burned down a church), but I did catch Dylan Bruce. He would have made a nice Chris, maybe even a gay Chris.

The next three days are going to be hard to watch, with Holden and Lily going to visit "Reid's relative" maybe being the most difficult. I wonder how expository it will be. Will we hear them explain every last detail? Why didn't Luke go with them? Seeing the whole thing through Lily and Holden's eyes, people once removed from the situation, may really get me going.

See you all at 3.

• Members

Unpopular opinion---Van Hansis was horrible today. Mark Collier could show emotion better---and trust me, that's not a compliment.

The show itself was sad---it's too bad I don't really care about Chris and/or Reid. Dr. Bob actually got me with his little quotation about "laying down one's life for his friends." I don't think I've ever appreciated Don Hastings more than I have this last year.

• Members

Hastings and Hayes have kept this show from slipping off the rails, no more so then the last couple of months. Whatever they do they make it seem real and make you care. There sure as hell should be golden parachute in this for those two before anyone else.

And Collier would save the scene by taking off his shirt to wipe his tears. All Hansis can do is to curl his face into a pout and have a hissy fit...(does everyone know there were a couple of threads on DL entitled "Van Hansis is Hot"??? To each their own!!!

Oh, and can the Tom Hughes actor wake up long enough to show ANY kind of emotion???

• Members

I just finished watching the episode. It started out very badly for me. Not something everyone would really notice, but I'm a train buff too and I know they could not have filmed those scenes on a live rail line, but my God, anyone who doesn't know about trains would notice all the broken rail ties, overgrown grass and messed up track and deduced that no train could possible run on those rails. Ok.....rant over about that.......

On a more positive note, I thought the episode was quite moving. I didn't think Van was so bad and yeah, Holmes was winging it, but Hastings and Hays made it all good.

• Members

I thought Tom acted like a vulture today and almost all of them showed no respect or sensitivity to Reid or Luke

Didn't Pissante write for AMC when Gilllian was killed off and her heart donated? This reeks of that if so. Everyone was DEMANDING Ryan donate Gillian's heart, that's the bad taste in my mouth I came away with from the show today, especially in regards to the scene with Tom and Luke with the signing of the papers

• Members

One of my least favorite soap scenes EVER -- Leo literally kicking down the hospital room door so they could get Ryan to give them Gillian's heart.

It's just old cliched stuff. I just wish I could care. Reid pretty much ceased to exist as a character months ago. ESS is great and even with the writing throwing in the towel Reid was still one of the best characters created in the past 15 years, but the material was not there.

• Members

In a way, I can see this as realistic...I mean, Reid, someone who has been an ass to almost everyone, except that little wilting flower Luke, is dead, and Chris is still alive, so his family would be desperate for that heart. God forbid that should happen to any of us but I believe I would be the same way, "Just give me the damn heart and we can grieve later!" Its just too bad that we don't have time to play this out where the Hughes realize they were being vultures (all for a good cause) and were insensitive about Luke's grief. I would love to have a scene where Bob really breaks down and thank Luke, etc.

However, that still is no excuse for Scott Holmes to play his usual stick up his ass zombie self and not put any emotion into it. He just makes Tom so unpleasant....I can' t imagine that Bob and Lisa raised that !@#$%^&*]. Someone mentioned that this story would have been more dramatic if it was Katie who died and donated that heart, which I totally agree (though I know Gautman would never kill off his "sweetheart.")

Archived