ATWT: September 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

Hey!! :)

Okay...Wednesday episode:

The cat is FINALLY out of the bag about Chris! Thank GOD! Chris was beginning to irritate me with his denial and selfish "let's keep my family in the dark about my potentially fatal health condition & I'll act like nothing is wrong" act. <_<

The whole golf set-up was dumb. Reid calling the doctor out on cheating? Dumb. Why don't you just say there's a family matter that Chris needs to attend to, and whisk him away? (In my opinion, today's cheating scandal will play into the board's final decision...dumb move, Reid).

As much as everyone's griping about it, I hate to say this, but: I understand where Katie's coming from. She was very much in love with Brad. And just when she opens her heart back up to love again, now she faces the possibility of losing someone that she's let herself fall for. It's all very dramatic, of course, but if you really think about it...she's reacting the way anyone would in that situation. If anything, I am shocked that she's not uber-pissed at Chris, Reid, Luke, and John for keeping her in the dark, and instead mingling amongst themselves about how to keep it from her, and Chris's family. But then again....!.... we're so close to the end and everyone has to have a happy ending, I suppose, so...Katie's brushing it off. And instead of being mad, she's whining nonstop. I-yie-yie!

Now, on to the Nuke dilemma. I can also see where Noah's coming from. For months, he tried to fight/cover/deny his feelings for Luke. He winds up falling for him, coming out of the closet, and then they have a small fight. Noah goes blind, and pushes Luke away. Luke hires Reid, Reid falls in love with Luke, Noah's act of estrangement leads Luke into Reid's orbit, and the rest is history. It's pretty cruel of Luke to leave Noah high and dry like that. BUT!!... Noah should've never pushed Luke away. By giving him the cold shoulder, that sent Luke the message that Noah no longer wanted him around (which we're finding out now, is not what Noah was wanting...despite his actions and words). Noah...I hate it for ya, dude, but this is all your fault. This is what you wanted (when you were blind), and unfortunately, what you want now (sight being back and all) doesn't really matter. What's done is done.

The Bob/Kim scene at Java was really wonderful. Really beautiful. And theeeeeen, it was ruined by some dayplayer nurse bringing the Chris drama back to the forefront. (P.S. -- Attention Writers: That scene was pretty much what we wanted, for everyone, yesterday. Just so we're clear.)

Speaking from the viewpoint of someone that's intrigued by cinematography: That was a BEAUTIFUL closing shot (Hughes family in the room/Katie looking in). Reminded me of old ATWT shots.

Previews: Woooooah!! Wonder what has MamaHen Kim all fired up?!!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yesterday's golf course extravaganza was further proof positive of the Idiot Plotness of this storyline. I am very sorry, but someone as sick as Chris simply would not go on this long untreated, or treated-in-secret. I don't blame Bob and Kim for how pissed they're going to be today, but I'm not loving the denouement. Is it going to happen today?

For the first time in 15+ years I had no idea we were already at 2:54 when the "Katie looking in" scene happened.

• Members

I don't object to the tenor of Katie's story. I object because it's become the focus of the entire storyline. WE can't even see Chris tell his parents about his condition...we're outside with Fluffy watching her "deal" with the thought of losing someone she opened her *cough* to.

• Members

Wow, people on the internet are really freaking out about this Reid ending! I mean, it wouldn't be the ending I would have gone out with, but I can see why they would think taking out a popular new character would give the show a boost on its way out and also some Emmy bait. I mean, we werent going to see Reid and Luke happy anyway since the show fades to black.

I don't want to offend anyone, but I don't get it. Its a soap and its drama. Some of these people are accusing the show of being homophobic and punishing the gay characters, but I am gay and don't see it that way. Especially since Reid and Luke, there is no way that mess of a relationship would work, Luke is as whiny, needy and self centered as his mama, and Reid is really just an !@#$%^&*] (though I think the actor makes him quite charming and makes us see through that, written on the page Reid is just a "House," clone John Dixon redux character.) They wouldnt be able to make a relationship work so at least they go out in a blaze of glory. Personally my ending would be for Reid to tell that whiny little drama queen to get a life and then the next scene we see Reid and Chris in the sack, "Wow, that was what all our animosity was about!" Just to make the fanbois go nuts!

It kind of reminds me of the Olivia/whatsherface thing, and some of the gay viewers were basing their own hope for happiness and a realtionship on these two ficitional characters.

• Members

Hays brought it on, so has Hastings these last few days. Why do these dimbulbs wait for the end to give these two something to chew on. I know its a dumb plot line but I really like that it involves my fave characters.

And I do agree with the other posters in that characters are acting as they would in real life. Katie just did loose her husband, the father of her infant..people would be walking on egg shells and Kim would pull back a bit. I like that line, its typical Kim, "Here;s what I want you to do kiddo, and the [!@#$%^&*] will hit the fan if you don't but your still part of the family, and I will still love you, and that means love you enough to kick your ass when you need it."

To parahrase Dorothy, I think I am gonna miss Bob and Kim the most, and believe me, I know it makes me a dork of epic proportions!

• Members

PEOPLE!!! PEOPLE!!! Some of us have gone SPOILER-FREE for the sake of the finale. I had to skip past all the posts because almost every single post vaguely hinted at a finale spoiler. PLEASE!!!! keep spoilers out of the discussion thread!!

As for today... Kathryn Hays BROUGHT. IT. Proof #1 that vets can act just as well as the highly touted good looking "hunks" and "babes" that the daytime industry seems to be shoving onto us as of late. I also would like to add that I think Kathryn Hays should submit today's episode for her Emmy reel next year. Give that woman an Emmy!! I'm freaking serious.

Archived