ATWT: September 2010 Discussion Thread

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Even though I never have been a Noelle Beck fan and I haven't been too enthused about Holden and Lily since at least 2004 at the earliest, that last scene was certainly a downer to end the 25-year relationship on that note.

But Jack and Carly, John and Lucinda, :wub: I did start the waterworks with the elevator scene and then with Bob and Kim, oh god. GL's finale(a year ago tomorrow!) gave me closure, but this finale just left me wanting more. :(:mellow:

• Members

I cried a couple times in the beginning of the show and started to cry like a baby when the globe starting spinning and then stopped :( I am a guy and guys don't cry at soaps do they :unsure: I guess I am just really emotional. When someone else cries I cry. That scene with Holden yesterday made me cry knowing that it wasn't in the script to cry it was the actor saying goodbye to his character :(

• Members

I was kinda annoyed at how they ended with Lisa. I love John/Lucinda and wouldn't have changed them for a second, but I wasn't a fan of having Lisa's last two scenes consist of them rubbing her nose in their new relationship. Would have been kickass if her last scene ended with them leaving and her answering the phone:

LISA: "Oh? Oh, Grant! Well, well I've been waiting for you to call me. Yes, well I've been thinking, and it just dawned on me, the perfect place for us to go on our vacation. I hear Amsterdam is nice this time of year."

As much as I was happy we weren't made to believe Luke and Noah were going to be BESTEST EVEREST LOVERERS FOREVEREST, I did think it was kinda sad that Luke's last significant scene was listening to his dead boyfriend's heart beat in the body of Daniel Cosgrove. I saw on TWOP someone suggested that a SORASed Daniel Hughes (about 17-18) could have returned home and gave a suggestive glance to Luke. That would have worked for me...Luke could have been there to see Casey and Alison off, and Daniel comes home from wherever the heck he's been, greets everyone, gets hugs from his moms and other family then a really subtle but obvious handshake between him and Luke. "Hey, Luke. I'm...I'm sorry for your loss." Luke nods, thanks him, but Daniel awkwardly keeps shaking his hand. "I'm...I'm here if you need me." A fleeting thought very briefly flickers in Luke's mind as Daniel gives his hand one last squeeze, nods, and moves on.

I just loved the sense of things continuing on, though. Carly and Janet raising kids the same age is gonna be all kinds of drama (because Parker and Liberty weren't enough, obviously), Lisa's gonna no doubt have to bust a cap in John and Lucinda's back sides as they frolic around her hotel, John and Susan working together again at Memorial, Holden and Lily possibly getting back together, etc. I was very satisfied with the end.

• Members

I can hardly speak. I'm still in shock. I squalled like a baby. As in........openly LOUD sobbing occurred when Bob said Goodnight, turned off the lights, and the globe started spinning. Good thing I didn't notice the globe stopping, or I would've attracted whales with my cry.

How do you say "good night" to a show like ATWT? It isn't possible. All my life, this show has been on the air. I watched it with my Ninne, God rest her soul, and my mom. I can't imagine a life without ATWT in it. The concept is just UNREAL to me.

I have a feeling that it's going to be a loooooooong while before I can truly say goodbye.

Archived