ATWT: September 2010 Discussion Thread

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
  • Members

That would have been a great ending for the Lisa scene, her hanging up with her mischevious grin, then looking at a picture of Nancy, Lisa,"Now Nancy, I am just going to have a little fun with them!" and perfectly tied in with the concept that "the world will keep turning," off screen.

I havent seen it but I do like the descriptions of the show so far, while I did like the last GL episode, it was a little too weird and new agey and well Ellen Wheelerish that all these people, many of whom have spent several generations fighting amongst themselves, are all "Kumbya-ing," it in the park! The set up for World Turns is a little more "Yes, everyone is okay, but they are themselves things are still gonna be bumpy from time to time."

I do have to say that I would rather they have ended the show in Kim's kitchen, with everyone gathered around for a Bon Voyage party so we can see everyone together and happy one last time.

• Members

I thought you were a female too. I already cried during the Reid death scenes. I havent seen this week's shows yet. I have them on DVD. I am sure more tears will flow seeing the last 6 episodes.

Bringing Daniel back is a good idea. I was thinking about him last night and wondered why he wasnt brought back for the finale.

I don't know what I am going to do without ATWT either. It will be very hard. I have been watching since I was 8 years old.

• Members

Wow, that would make Luke almost as big a fickle slut as his mom! "Well, since Holden (Reid) is out of the picture, I need a man to keep me company!" And while I would never wish a Hughes to have to put up with that annoying Luke, it would make good story if Lucinda and Lisa's grandsons were doing the deed! Actually they should have thought of that before they brought in Reid..Lisa, "Well, Tom I have no problem that Daniel likes d*ck, I mean, who am I to judge someone on that, but does it have to be old dirty Lucy's grandson??? The only thing is if he takes after me he will get bored and move on to someone else..oh there is Lucy now, I just had housekeeping put seran wrap over her toliet and boy does she look mad..Oh Lucy dear..did you know that you have a wet spot on the back of your slacks?!"

• Members

OK, first, Lisa's little quote has me dead :lol: Too funny.

I didn't mean that Luke and Daniel would pull a Barbara/Henry and go find a way to have sex in Tom and Mar----uhh Chris and Katie's house. It would just be the very small ignition of something happening between the two of them down the line...with lots of deep, meaningful living room and kitchen table and Snyder pond discussions strewn over months of episodes. One good thing about the show no longer being with us is that the characters can indeed live on in our imaginations, and the stories they're in play out exactly the way we want them too. I'll think about them all every now and then, decide where I think they are in life and what I think they're doing.

If Casey and Alison are in Carbondale with Gwen and Will, then my little fanwanking heart can accept that Aaron and Jade have somehow crossed paths out there and are knocking boots on the regular.

• Members

It was beautiful, and very fitting. There are peeps who swear GL's ending was the best ever---but I think ATWT's was far superior.

It sucks that the Parker/Faith scene was cut, but I guess the majority of the characters got some kind of tie up.

*sob* Carjack rocked.

• Members

I have never been a big ATWT watcher or fan, but I tuned into the last episode and I thought it was miles better than any finale we've seen in a decade or two. It was far better than GL or AW's endings...PASSIONS and PC didn't really have endings so they hardly count.

Lucinda, by far, had the best exit. The swelling orchestral music, falling into the elevator into a kiss, perfection! A very well deserved, hopeful, glamorous exit for Elizabeth Hubbard.

I felt sorry for Eileen Fulton because Lisa didn't get much of a sendoff...but at the same time, I thought it was appropriate because with a schemer like Lisa, life never changes, so the idea that she'll be perpetually Lisa, always a little pissed, always asking 'WHY ME!?' made plenty of sense.

Archived