Y&R: Jeanne Cooper Speaks Out in SOD Interview

Guest dc cubs

• Members

I am very glad Jeanne decided to speak out about her character, Grant it there are alot of things that I still love about Katherine, but yes i agree they should have done more with the Tucker storyline. That had such great potential, and now they rarely have scnes that oftin... I dont get why the writers think its okay to just start something and then drop it witin a week... :(

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh I severely disagree with you there. Just because she's had story & is being propped constantly doesn't mean that she has it good. Kay is an ex-alcoholic & a condoscending b!tch (at least for her first 34 years or so) and now she's been reduced to Mother Earth, spreading good will to all & seeing the good in everyone. There's a reason I've ALWAYS hated that b!tch & rooted for Jill but now, she's the salt of the friggin Earth and we NEVER see any of that in her scenes. It's disgraceful what they've done to her character.

• Members

I'm glad someone at the show has criticized the pathetic non-story that is Fluckers. After hiring Stephen Nichols they had no idea where to go with the character and clearly gave up. We are supposed to be thrilled because of a lame ripoff of Body Heat.

The bizarre non-role in Mac's life is something I am used to so I'm surprised she spoke up about that but I can't blame her.

Now I just wish she'd say something about the pathetic writing for Jill, but good luck there.

• Members

Jeanne better call up Eileen Fulton and Meave Kinkead.

I agree though with some in the thread, what does she have to complain about? It's not like she's being treated like Jess Walton here. Wasn't Hogan's first big story on this show the Marge/Kay switcheroo?

• Members

Good for Jeanne! I have NOT watch Y&R in a while because MAB has just sucked.

Someone from the good old William Bell days is FINALLY speaking out. MAB has not written a good show since 2008. Sad thing is that things don't seem to get any better.

It really amazes me how well Y&R still does rating rise.

Archived