Lovers and Friends/For Richer For Poorer Discussion Thread

• Members

Oh I don't think so I just wanted to share a more recent pic of her. I randomly stumbled upon that pic while Googling something else and always rememered it. They were at an event for American RADA alumni. Too bad Erika wasn't there though if you click on the link you'll see that Peter Francis James from GL is there.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks, Carl. I was surprised to learn Ramsay was married to Robin Mary Parris. She was one of the substitutes for Kate Mulgrew on "Ryan's Hope."

Curious about his three week stint on "Love of Life." I wonder if he was one of the young men involved in the prison storyline, however this is complete speculation without any basis in fact.

• Members

I think she was on RH around the time of this article. I didn't notice her name until you mentioned it.

I wonder why he didn't make the transition to the new show. He was very handsome (few can make those silky shirts not look like bowling attire). Who was he replaced with? Was it Rod Arrants?

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Burton's role on 'The Doctors' was as the man who raped Carolee during her kidnapping.

Burton's role on 'For Richer, For Poorer' surprised me as Lee Ferguson's relationship with Tessa dominates most of the serial's run. From the SOD synopses, I didn't find the relationship particularly interesting. It seemed like a pre-cursor to Luke and Laura with the mob man falling for the sweet innocent young girl. Also, when Lester whined about the relationship between his daughter and Lee, all I could think of was Johnny complaining about Joe and Siobhan on 'Ryan's Hope.' Lee had a myraid of connections to the canvas outside of Tessa, which never seemed to be particularly well played. I think it would have been better if the conflict came out more between Lee and the Saxton boys. Bill had gotten Lee's sister in trouble, while Jason seemed to manipulate Connie in order to achieve whatever goals he had in mind. In turn, Lee had influence over the youngest brother, Bentley, through his work at the shop. I could see where Lemay would might take this sort of story, but King instead focused on the mob melodrama (which may have been at the insistence of the network, who knows).

• Members

Yes,Burton played Mel,who worked for Doreen and kidnapped/raped Carolee.He went on to OLTL as Peter but was replaced by Denny Albee.Then he was on Texas and ATWT as the first Brian beforebeing replaced by Frank Telfer (Luke TD).

He never landed a long running soap role.

He was married to Karen Black,thus making him brother in law to Gail Brown (Clarice AW)

• Members

I'm just catching up on this thread, but fascinating stuff--especially about FRFP airing at different times and not in all markets. Also about how much control Silverman apparently had (I know he did a lot with soaps, but I still always think of him as the head of, I believe, ABC Daytime in the late 60s, or maybe it was CBS, who brought Scooby Doo largely into fruition lol)

"Where FRFP wasn't at for most its short run was under Fred Silverman's domain. The network president usually "directs story lines, but since he was responsible for the whole network (having taken charge after the 1978 fall line-up was set), he didn't even get around to daytime until the end of August when the soap was cancelled anyway.""

So even back then network heads often had story say?