GH: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
No more different than any other character busting in on someone's dinner or looking over their laptop(Carly) or listening in on conversations in locker rooms that don't involve her(Carly).

She was at a BAR talking to a patron and a FRIEND about her relationship with someone. Again, how is that out of the ordinary or inappropriate? She loves him. Why is she not allowed to talk about HER relationship with anyone she sees fit to talk to it about? She's not saying anything no one else in town knows about Johnny and Sonny's illegal activities anyway.

How is what she wears any different from what any other GH female wears? Maybe she just has the better body to wear it.

Then that's when you say "agreed" or move on. I didn't think you had anything additional to add to the discussion. Not trying to be mean or play board police, but alot of these long diatribes you seem to go on just tend to lead to nowhere. Just pointing out the obvious.

What was wrong with what she wore at Johnny's house? How was that "trashy"? She was wearing a sleeveless silk top and jeans. It's not like she shops at Forever 21 like Erica Kane. She's appropriately dressed for someone in New York in the summer.

Well, hey. Sorry if you feel that way.

No, there's not. That's just repeating. Nothing different added to the points that were made.

• Members

Oh I agree, people are nosy in soaps. But mostly, or so I think, in the way of eavesdropping (such as what Carly did/does). But for Olivia...I just feel like she's so nosy in a different way. She just pops up in the MetroCourt to add her opinion in to the conversation of whoever is dining there that night. Do other people do it? Sure. But with Olivia, I feel like it's every storyline. She adds her opinion to EVERYTHING. And she just sticks her nose in, makes her comment, and then has nothing to do with the storyline. She's a busybody.

Steven is a friend now? Had they ever shared a scene before she saved Ethan with him? I know things like that change your life, but that wouldn't make me wanna spill my guts to him about my mobster boyfriend and why I can't be with him. It just seems like she searches the room for the lonely acquaintance, walks over, throws in her two cents about their life problems, and clogs up 99% of the conversation with HER problems. Then she leaves. And where does she go? To lecture Johnny about why she can't be with him.....SHE made the choice! She wants him to change for her, which in its self is a sign of an unhealthy relationship, and she KNOWS he's not going to. Why waste your breath telling someone they need to change, when you know they're not going to. It's whiny and there's no point to it.

And yes, it's human to want to talk about what's going on in your life. That's what you have CLOSE friends and Family for! I know when I have something like that happen in my life, I'm not going to spill my guts to the town Sleeze bartender, or a doctor i know nothing about who I met yesterday! What Olivia needs is a friend. Like a real, good, clos friend. THEN it would make sense. But now, no. It just makes her seem dumb and pitiful, IMO.

Maybe it's just because all of her outfits are so damn tight.And often times it's just her tops. IMO, they go out of their way to put her in tops clearly meant for women in their twenties, and they look ridiculous on her. She has a nice body, but IMO, trying to make her look younger, actually makes her look older...and desperate.

I respect your opinion. Yeah, I made basically the same point, but I said it in a different way..Because I would have worded it differently if it had been my post. I thought it did add something to the discussion...Another point of view, and a couple of other points. But hey, you don't agree. It's ok! :P

It certainly wasn't her worst outfit. But her tops always bother me...It was just the style. It definitely seemed like something Brook or Maxie should have been wearing. And like I said before, i feel like they try to make her look younger, and for me, it makes her seem older. And nothing every fits her well IMO...

I mean, no hard feelings. I didn't feel that way until like a week or two ago, when I started feeling like you were bashing everything I said. I respect that we disagree on this , and some other topics, but I also agree with a lot of your posts...Especially your love for Claire (I adore her). But it just seeemed like you were being harsher towards me than anyone else you disagreed with, and I was a little harsh myself there when I made that comment.

No hard feelings?

• Members

I hope they add her soon. That was stupid with SJB...She was NEVER in the credits. And Brandan Barash wasn't in them for his first 2 and a half years either.

They seem to have gotten better. Chad Duell was added on his first day, and Scott Reeves and Brianna Brown were added almost immediately after being bumped from recurring to contract.

• Members

Oh I liked Jocelyn a lot. I even liked that character she played on OLTL a few years ago (The name escapes me...). I think Lisa Lo is a good actress, and I like her, but her character just annoys me. She plays the character great, for the way they've written her, but the way they've written her annoys me, so...yeah.

Archived