Y&R: TV Guide article about Hope & Adam

• Members

SIgney Coleman returns to Y&R as Hope. She shot two episodes that air 8/3 and 8/16 that will shed some light on Hope's son Adam and why he grew up to be a conniving psychopath.

Coleman says "You're going to have a much better understanding of what happened to him. She admits she wasn't too happy to learn that her tv kid turned evil after Hope's death

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Everyone ready to hear that Cliff (who was dead before Adam was even in preschool) or some other man abused Adam, and that abuse makes you evil?

I'd rather hear how Hope got a child who doesn't look that much younger than she does.

• Members

Poor Signy is already trotting out the "He didn't have a father so he's ruined" scenario, which Logan thankfully tears down. Unfortunately that is how this show feels.

That interview was a lot better than I expected. Why am I not surprised that they refused to give HER an evil double story, which might have made sense? Probably because she came up with the idea. They'd rather just give that garbage to random characters like Lauren.

• Members

If it sounds FAMILIAR it's because MarkH pitched the story idea to Hackiello and various members of the writing team on this very message board about a year ago.

Nice to see it all come full circle. :lol::lol::lol:

It's just laughable to me at this point.

• Members

Wonder why they killed off Hope to facilitate Adam's arrival? Simple. Like SC said, if Hope were around, she'd shut Adam down for all his misdeeds; and TPTB know fans would never expect anything less. ;-)

Frankly, though, no explanation will suffice for how Adam turned out the way he did. They went too far with him, and now they'll probably attempt to "justify" it with some lame, retconned bullshit (that, God willing, no one in their right mind will ever buy). It's all b.s., MAB. But, nice try, all the same.

• Members

I think a lot of fans will buy this -- people have been looking for reasons to care about Adam since Muhney took over and the show stopped completely writing Adam as a whipping boy and a pathetic loser. The question is whether any interesting story will come out of it. I doubt it.

Archived