Fave Soap Star Infomercial!

• Members

Erika Slezak did one for prunes. :P How perfect is that?? :lol:

Susan Lucci of course did those ads for Ford for some years, as well as Web TV (in her Erica Kane doll dress where she mocks not winning the Emmy) and the infamous Sweet One ad where she bangs the table a la '82 Emmys. She looks so hot in that Riunite commercial, I loved it when she was all tan and dewey like that.

Marj Dusay also did a Sweet One ad (or some other such sugar substitute). It was of her meeting her agent for lunch and she asks, "So did I get the part?" and he tells her that they want her for some commercial of a competing artificial sweatener which she refuses to do. And he's all, "But you're an actress" and she's all, "HA![/MarjDusay] No one's that good!"

Yes Eric, Goria from AMC did those very moody minipad/tampon commercials in the early '90s.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tika's in a commercial that airs pretty regularly, isn't she? I can't remember if it's skin care or hair care, but she's hugged up with two other women for a brief second before the product takes center stage.

:lol: "Dr. Grey" still cracks me up. Everyone else got first names except for her.

• Members

I have always wanted to see soap actors starring in their own Attacking Anxiety infomercial.

* <soothing, sad music>

Laura K or B depending on the year: Well, I had been at my soap for almost ten years and I was having a baby, which should be the most joyous time of my life, especially since I was getting a break from Tim Gibbs. Then I get a message saying, you've been fired. On my maternity leave. I sank into a deep depression. I mean at least MOTHER got a painting when she was forced out. Fortunately...my life has turned around thanks to this amazing program. I can see the sun shine again. And I have a job on a new soap, All My...wait, my phone's ringing...they what? I just started this damn job! I...

<soothing, sad music>

* None of that was true, obviously :lol:

• Members

I remember years ago some kitchen cookware infomercial had Robin Mattson and it was uber-cheesy, back in the 90's.

Hunter Tylo has promoted something on an infomercial, aside from her help-me-fight-the-bastards-who-inadvertently-killed-my-son-commercial for epilepsy.

Deidre Hall did Scan Diet for GNC some ten years ago... she did some other diet pill commercial circa 1991. Oh yeah, Alison Sweeney did the same thing for a diet pill; can't remember which one.

Then there was the large handful of Guiding Light actors who promoted Excedrin during the mid-90's.

• Members

Jackie Zeman has done many infomercials over the years. My favorite was as host of the "Walk Away the Pounds" exercise program. Zeman also did Excedrin commercials which I think were very good since they linked to Bobbie Spencer being a nurse.

Archived