GH: TV Guide Interview With Bob Guza

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Given that it is summer, it will be difficult for GH to get a huge bump in its 18 to 49 women demo. Total failure will be not getting any increase. Success would be getting a .2 increase as a result of all this promotion in that demo and holding onto it for a month or more.

• Members

I'm betting they retcon that kiss on the docks into sex.

Like Guza, I am interested in layers of celebrity on daytime - I thought Layla's career as an actress on OLTL would be interesting to explore, as would the possibility of Sarah Roberts turning into some sort of weird Lady Gaga type. But unlike Guza I do not worship the mob and a few characters at the expense of all else. It's a shame to see a guy who has raw talent consistently make horrible choices. He used to be good for GH, but he's run it into the ground in the last decade.

• Members

She may not be an A List star, but shes def known. She is above most other soap stars, thats for damn sure. She is always in the magazines and whenever she has guest spot or joins a show she gets coverage from all the entertainment shows.

I am shocked too.

Ha, i sure wont miss NLG. I wish the show hadnt given her a new contract. I love Liz, but cant say ill miss her either. She has had such bad story. Now if only Brenda could take out a few others...

Nobody expects that.

I doubt they expect the 1million or so she got them last time, prob half.

They def know her name. Will they tune into GH for her? No. But she is in the magazines a lot, esp right now with Brian getting married to Megan Fox and Vanessa getting married to that dude from CSI.

I am a Vanessa fanboy, i fully admit that. But people outside of soaps def know her name. I doubt most of them know she was on a soap or is going back to a soap, or that they care, but she is known.

The problem is the way GH is promoting this. They are only promoting it to people who currently watch soaps. How are people that watched Gh back in the day and liked Brenda but quit going to know she is coming back?

So much truth to all of this.

• Members

No loss on either count. Rebecca Herbst is entitled to a little maternity leave and dramatically speaking Liz's story is the sort that has to simmer on the backburner for a while until Liz and Nik fall in love. Then they can learn their baby is not his and they can do the reunion with Lucky. Alexis is a dramatic non-entity whose presence actually makes scenes more boring than the usual GH fare. Do we really need to listen to her and her Minnie Mouse sound-a-like of a daughter discuss how wonderful or not Sonny is for the 300th time? The show has ODed on Kristina this past year and the less we see of her or her family discussing her the better.

Archived