Proper Manors

• Members

When I read about HH a few months ago it said that it was only going to air in a select few areas at first, L.A., San Francisoo, maybe TX and NY, and like the song in that trailer, the show is bilingual.

I'm pretty sure I've seen some trailers with actual scenes though... lemme git t'Googlin'...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love hearing about stuff like this. For all the talk about the death of the genre, there's plenty of rebirth. Will they all succeed? No, but as long as people keep trying there's hope.

Plus I'd rather take my chance on these projects than try to choke down yet another rich white woman dealing with a network-approved back from the dead/baby switch/amnesia story.

• Members

SoapBoy, I agree that soaps are not dying, just on the big three networks. They will continue to pop up in cheaper unfamiliar places starring cheaper unfamiliar faces, save for a couple of exceptions. I think most of them will follow somewhat of a Degrassi model in that sense.

I was just a kid back then and only knew about the soaps the adults in my life watched, but I'm kind of fascinated by the syndicated/cable soaps of the '80s like Rituals, Another Life, The Catlins. I would certainly follow a new and interesting soap regardless of production values and timeslot as long as it kept my interest. Good writing can even make awful acting forgivable at times (see Degrassi). Shoot, even bad writing can be forgiven if it's so bad it's good cheesetasticness. :lol:

Here's the HH clip I was talking about above (embedding disabled):

Added: Whoa, that's cool, how did it automatically make the YouTube link embed like that...

ETA: Nevermind.

Archived