Huge - Discussion Thread

Mr. Vixen

• Members

Did anyone else watch the ABC Family show "Huge" last night?

I did, and found the show to be very very good. Nikki Blonsky was terrific in her role, and I was very pleased that she was chosen for it. I thought she was the perrfect blend of attitude and loveability.

I was also very impressed by Hayley Hasselhoff (Amber)'s performance, as well as Raven Goodwin (becca).

Overall I thought it was a very strong ensemble cast that really succeeded at portraying a good message. It was a breath of fresh air for me to see a show about a REAL issue, instead of just being about sex and popularity. Not that I don't enjoy those shows, cause I do, but I was very happy with this show, and glad that it is teaching the true struggles of being overweight, and addressed it as what it is, a real issue.

So what were everyone elses thoughts on this show???

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't seen it yet, but I plan to.

Honestly, the whole premise rubs me the wrong way. The only way so-called "real" people can get on TV now is if it's in something that centers on their "realness." Why couldn't Blonsky be a regular on Gossip Girl or Pretty Little Liars?

• Members

I agree with this to some level. And i DO find it very sad that bigger girls, and guys to some extent too, can only get a role on a show if the show is about being ovrweight...But I think it is a good first step. And it's the first show aimed at teens that actually shows its a real thing.

The show is very good, overall, but I agree with what you saiid though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived