OLTL--Who's Who In Daytime 1982

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was cool. Interesting to see RS's second husband who's often mentioned as a bullet point in her bios, always cool when "bits of trivia" like that get fleshed out a bit. What is that on Phil Carey's wife's arm? A fuzzy puppet? A fur coat? A Christmas tree? :unsure:

What a great group of actors, a lot of grit and unique point of view that translated wonderfully to their characters.

• Members

Thanks so much for these articles. This was such a golden age for OLTL, just look at the level of talent treated as an everyday actor on the show.

I did laugh at how much of the article was about cast hookups. It got a little better as things went on but for a while I thought they were going to start talking about an onset orgy.

I had never seen this Tony Lord so that was some nice insight. And the lovely Becky Lee wearing what looks like Harriet Olsen's outfit on Little House.

I think Jacquie Courtney had grown into her looks and was at her most beautiful, in that odd husky way which helped her stand out, around this time. I think Pat was pretty much a limited shelf life character and in some ways I'm surprised she lasted as long as she did but I still wonder what might have been if not for all the Rauch baggage. She was a strong presence and strong women carried OLTL through the 80s. I've often wondered if Brenda McGillis was his sort of homage to Courtney -- she was also a strong yet sympathetic woman with a husky voice and manner.

I really miss Gerald Anthony.

Archived